Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I've seen a lot of bad football, but the Dallas Cowboys really stink up the joint.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 of 53 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 02:45 PM

The Dallas Cowboys offense plays a brand of football that should be banned from the league. I mean, they are really terrible. I'm watching the Eagles-Cowboys game tonight, and the Cowboys offense has been absolutely horrid. Note that I am not an Eagles fan, just a football fan. If I am Bill Parcells, I'm not sure I take this head coaching job...if it is offered to me.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#2 of 53 Paul O

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 02:50 PM

Is Quincy Carter still around? Seems like they were more competitive when he was the QB.

#3 of 53 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 02:52 PM

Paul, I'm not sure why the Cowboys are going with Hutchinson. I also don't know why Emmitt is spending so much time on the bench.

Newsflash: The Cowboys scored! Whoo-hoo! Posted Image
My:
Second Stereo System ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#4 of 53 James St

James St

Supporting Actor

• 959 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 04:41 PM

Didn't see the game tonight but can they really be worse then the Bengals?

#5 of 53 Alex-C

Alex-C

Screenwriter

• 1,240 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
can they really be worse then the Bengals

Maybe...but they aint much better than the Texans.
A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies, the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure.

Let's Go . . . To the colonies !

#6 of 53 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,153 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 21 2002 - 11:26 PM

Which is why Jones is trying to woo Bill Parcells back to coaching the Cowboys.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#7 of 53 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,347 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 22 2002 - 01:33 AM

I cannot imagine why Parcells would take the Cowboy job with Jerry Jones still acting as GM. Parcells seemed like he was campaigning for the job in an interview on ESPN last night, when he said that he did not need to have complete control. Of course, he also said that would be the case only if there was someone competent making personnel decisions. Jones certainly does not fit that criteria.

Parcells could have any NFL job opening he wants, so why put up with Jerry Jones?

Dallas is one of the worst teams in the league, but they do have competition in the Bungals (of course), the Lions, the Panthers and the Cardinals. I'll give Houston a break, since this is their first year in the league. The 'Boys offense looks terrible, but the defense is quite good.

#8 of 53 Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 02:20 AM

As a Cowboy-hater, I could not be more pleased right now! Posted Image

#9 of 53 Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin

Producer

• 4,507 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 03:18 AM

Quote:
The 'Boys offense looks terrible, but the defense is quite good.

That's exactly it. I have seen worse Cowboy teams than this one. Anyone remember Jimmy's first year as coach? That's right, 1-15.

Despite opinions to the contrary, I think Jerry Jones is a good owner, despite all the controversy he generates. Even Jimmy Johnson admits that Jones did not get involved in coaching type decisions while Jimmy was coach.

The Cowboys need to start rebuilding their offense. They can start by getting a quarterback!

For ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

#10 of 53 Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 06:54 AM

At least you Cowboy fans have 3 recent Super Bowl Victories to look back upon. As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..

Brandon

#11 of 53 Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 08:31 AM

Quote:
As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..

Ouch. Now that is desperation Posted Image

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#12 of 53 Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 09:32 AM

The main issue with the Cowboys this year has been their O-Line. I sincerely doubt any quarterback worth his salt would be able to do much given their line.

I like Hutch as a QB. I think he'll be fine once they get a line together. They should be a high draft pick and a new Coach so perhaps they sign a Left/Right Tackle out of free agency or Draft pick and that should help out alot. An attitude change via a coach will help as well. With the way this league is you never know how good they might be next year.
Quote:
Parcells could have any NFL job opening he wants, so why put up with Jerry Jones?
Perhaps its a mutual respect thing. Jones is a known owner who wants to win and is willing to spend the $$ given he has the room(which he does). Someone on the Level of Parcells could tone down Jones a bit although there is a big chance of an Ego clash.
Quote:
At least you Cowboy fans have 3 recent Super Bowl Victories to look back upon. As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..
Hey atleast you got a new stadium.... Posted Image

#13 of 53 Anthony_D

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 09:59 AM

how sweet it is!!! Cant wait for the Patsies to go down this year too
He's dead now. He was a thief...and a terrorist. But on the other hand, he had a tremendous singing voice.

#14 of 53 Tim Markley

Tim Markley

Screenwriter

• 1,279 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 11:29 AM

And they almost beat the Niners a few weeks ago. Posted Image The Bengals beat the Saints today when the Saints needed a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Parity at it's best.

#15 of 53 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 01:19 PM

I easily see Parcells clashing with Jerry Jones the way Jimmy Johnson did. Parcells needs control, regardless of what he said in the interview with Chris Mortensen on ESPN yesterday. Jerry Jones will not give him that control. As was said last night on ESPN, remember the quote that Parcells made when he was coach of the Patriots. If he is took do the cooking, he wants to shop for the groceries. I don't see Jerry Jones letting go of the reigns, even for a proven head coach like Parcells.
My:
Second Stereo System ;

#16 of 53 DustinDavis

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator

• 173 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
I think Jerry Jones is a good owner

Everyone thinks Jerry is a good owner. He's a smart businessman and is willing to put the investment into winning. The trouble is he is a poor GM who steadfastly refuses to relinquish that responsibility.
Dustin A. Davis '94
Dustin Davis for Dummies : My HT : Dallas HT Group
"But they are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso on computers

#17 of 53 Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin

Producer

• 4,507 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
I easily see Parcells clashing with Jerry Jones the way Jimmy Johnson did.

As a Cowboy fan, we can only hope that they "clash" the same way Jones and Johnson did....perhaps resulting in another 3 Super Bowl Rings!

Posted Image

For ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

#18 of 53 Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 06:48 PM

I wonder if Parcels would be offered a piece of the team. By the end of his coaching career, he was literally suffering poor health because of it. He also has nothing left to prove. There needs to be something special to entice him back into the arena.

#19 of 53 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,347 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 23 2002 - 02:33 AM

Quote:
Despite opinions to the contrary, I think Jerry Jones is a good owner, despite all the controversy he generates.

He may be a good owner, but he's a lousy GM.

Quote:
As a Cowboy fan, we can only hope that they "clash" the same way Jones and Johnson did....perhaps resulting in another 3 Super Bowl Rings!

The difference with Jimmy Johnson is that he was calling the personnel shots, despite what Jones' huge ego would let you believe. If Jones will not turn over the GM position to Parcells, the old coach will not be successful.

Quote:
As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..

While the Matt and Marty show is pretty bad, this Lions fan does not miss Wayne at all. That was just another form of mediocrity.

#20 of 53 Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 02:56 AM

For now, sports fans in Dallas have to concentrate on round ball and hockey.

For the Cowboys, I can’t imagine that Jones will be able to hire a ‘control freak’ coach. And it seems as all of the great coaches fit into the control freak category.
¡Time is not my master!

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow