What's new

Color Flashes with Cable TV (1 Viewer)

Lisa Menin

Agent
I am experiencing a weird (and annoying) problem:

I have a new 53HS30 set hooked up to a JVC 9600 SVHS vcr. All cable tv is funneled through the vcr. I am using an HDTV cable box from Time Warner Cable. Recently, I have been getting intermittent color flashes during a cable tv broadcast. It happens even if I record a show with the tv off. Is this a problem with the vcr, the cables leading to the vcr or the HDTV cable box? It is not happening on my other sets in the house.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisa

mark laf

Auditioning
I too am having this problem, on only one local tv channel,that just startd with a purchase on a cheap Hi-Fi vcr.It didnt happen with my other vcr.Dont know whats causing it but it has to be the vcr.I will be returing it soon.

Lisa Menin

Agent
The strange thing is that it is happening with a few channels - and not all of the time. Is that a vcr problem...a cable tv problem...or a problem with the cables connecting the vcr to the cable box, etc...?

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Could be the vcr, could be the cable box, could be the tv, not likly to be any cables. What channels does this happen on, analog or digital? When you watch a tape and this problem happens, can you rewind the tape and it happens again at the same time? Try seperating the componets and see if the problem goes away. Bypass the vcr and if it's gone then it's the vcr. Play a tape that you know is good and if it does it you know that it isn't the cable. Also, you can give the cable people a call, service calls are free. Good luck.

Lisa Menin

Agent
So far, it happens on some of the analog broadcast channels. I can capture the color flashes on a tape made on that setup and will see the flashes when the tape is played back on another tv and vcr. I may find another vcr and hook it up to see if the problem goes away.

I am afraid that the cable service people won't have a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks