Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Enterprise 12/17/02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 of 54 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 816 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted December 17 2002 - 04:28 PM

Hey, an episode that didn't suck.. It's been a while. Who wrote that one? I hope this is the start of a non-rage inducing episode streak.. Posted Image

Anybody have anything on where the show's headed, story-lines, rumours..

#2 of 54 OFFLINE   Francois Caron

Francois Caron

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted December 17 2002 - 04:39 PM

Ouch! I'm really losing interest in the show! Not only did I not watch last week's episode, I totally forgot to watch this week's episode! I was too busy getting ready to capture the "Schweady Balls" sketch on the Saturday Night Live Christmas Special! Posted Image

#3 of 54 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 816 posts

Posted December 17 2002 - 04:53 PM

Shame on you, Francois! Posted Image

Not that I could blame you, but we have to keep hope alive.. Posted Image

#4 of 54 OFFLINE   Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky

Supporting Actor

• 832 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 08:11 AM

I must concur. Actually a decent episode, in that it didn't make me want to throw anything at the screen, which is more than I can say for the past few. In all, not bad.

#5 of 54 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 08:19 AM

But was it good, Mark? Or just not bad?

#6 of 54 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 09:09 AM

I believe Sussman & Strong have "Written By" credit, with no "help" from the Executive Producers.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#7 of 54 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 09:54 AM

Well, that's a plus.

#8 of 54 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 816 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 10:24 AM

It was good, Jack. And that's.. not bad Posted Image

But I think they've pretty much used up their
aliens attempt to take over the ship
storylines for the season! Posted Image

Like I say, I hope this a turning point, and not just a fart in the wind.

#9 of 54 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 12:54 PM

Damn, a good one and my local UPN (WBFS 33) isn't showing it. Instead they're showing an NBA game. The damn Miami Heat.

#10 of 54 OFFLINE   Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,670 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 01:29 PM

I thought it was very entertaining. But then that's coming from me... someone who has enjoyed most of the shows Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 of 54 OFFLINE   Francois Caron

Francois Caron

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 01:38 PM

My only real complaint is that the crew are a bunch of wusses! All that space and they call that cramped?!? It's obvious none of them has ever spent a night in a Japanese capsule hotel! Or even worse, the 200 bed dormitory where I spent my high school days! Posted Image

Aside from that, it was a decent story even if it was a bit recycled and predictable.

#12 of 54 OFFLINE   Paul E. Fox, II

Paul E. Fox, II

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 02:23 PM

Like a previous poster in this thread, I taped but haven't watched last week's episode yet and I *thought* tonight was going to be a re-run, but instead we get quite an entertaining episode (AT LAST!).

I'm also hoping this will be a turning point, but you never really know do you. That being said, I have been reading in the Broadcasting Trades at work that UPN's big show is losing viewers by the droves. Maybe they've found this site and these threads and have become nervous?....
Regards,
Paul

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#13 of 54 OFFLINE   Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor

• 795 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 02:36 PM

Jack,

It was an ok episode. A bit predictable and whiffed of a recycled Voyager script but it didn't have as many flaws as most episodes.

I thought it was a bit of a leap that they trusted the aliens like they did. I kept wondering where the Picard with Riker/Data scene where they verify the aliens story was.

What the episode didn't do was make me care. I think I'm past that point. I'd like to know how many different bumpy face of the week aliens we are going to get before they address some of the pre TOS history.

I don't even think the woman from last week had a bump. Unless it was just hiddent from view. Posted Image

I aguess I get annoyed that at least Lucas is addressing the "what happened before" question. I'm not getting the feeling thats going to happen with Enterprise. Which is a shame you'd think there was enough outline that there would be plenty of scope for good writing.

#14 of 54 OFFLINE   Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky

Supporting Actor

• 832 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
But was it good, Mark? Or just not bad?

Well, it wasn't as bad as their "bad" episodes, not as good as their stronger eps, and above their mediocre ones. So yeah, I think that falls somewhere in "good" territory.

#15 of 54 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 03:51 PM

BTW The Tholians are coming.....

February should be interesting......
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#16 of 54 OFFLINE   James Landau

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 05:34 PM

Bad episode beginning with the premise. Enterprise could have easily outrun that storm at just Warp 1. The writers completely overlooked the long standing Star Trek tradition that natural phenomena never travel faster than light.

Quote:
BTW The Tholians are coming.....
God, I hope not. They need to stop introducing species that were originally discovered by Kirk and crew. What's next? Archer and T'Pol travel back in time via the Guardian of Forever?

#17 of 54 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 816 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
Aside from that, it was a decent story even if it was a bit recycled and predictable

It's like I keep telling everybody. After so many years, and so many TV shows, most ANYTHING on the tube today can be boiled down to an original theme. The trick is to give a different spin to it, which I thought this episode achieved for the most part.

Quote:
Enterprise could have easily outrun that storm at just Warp 1. The writers completely overlooked the long standing Star Trek tradition that natural phenomena never travel faster than light.

Hmm.. Good pick up, James! Though, as troubling as the mutilation of Star Trek's timeline, ethos, science, etc. is, at this point I guess we'll have to take what we can get..

Hopefully there won't be many more slips!

#18 of 54 OFFLINE   GeorgeTW

GeorgeTW

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 09:42 PM

I haven't watched Enterprise in a while, but I did this evening, pleasantly suprised that it didn't suck. The only change I would have made is a gratuitious nude in which Archer witnesses his science officer changing into her Vulcan Meditation Chiffon (Hey, I can dream).

#19 of 54 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 11:56 PM

Quote:
God, I hope not. They need to stop introducing species that were originally discovered by Kirk and crew. What's next? Archer and T'Pol travel back in time via the Guardian of Forever?

Maybe that happens and the Guardian puts them in a position in the past that wipe's out the timeline where Enterprise has developed. Now things are back on track for Kirk and Co.

#20 of 54 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted December 19 2002 - 01:43 AM

Kirk and Co. knew of the Tholians remember Spocks Line...

"Renouned Tholian Punctuality"
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow