What's new

Anyone interested in XENOSAGA here? (1 Viewer)

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
RPG fans who enjoyed the long EPIC storyline of romance, revenge, and redemption in the PSX RPG Xenogears can now look forward to Xenosaga: Episode 1 Dur Wil Zur Macht. Featuring revamped gameplay and of course, much improved graphics, this new take on the Xenogears Universe (well, more like an alternate take) IGN has a new article and an English dubbed clip.
Article:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/380/380216p1.html
Clip: (need Quicktime to play)
Just click on movies, and select the English dub.
Armed with many many hours of anime viewing, I am currently playing the IMPORT and loving every moment of it. I don't understand all of it, but what I do get has me wanting more.
Is anyone else awaiting with baited breath for this title? Or is it just me? :frowning:

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'm waiting patiently for it, but not with baited breath - I still have several other PS2 titles to finish beforehand, so I'm taking my time.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I adored Xenogears. Games like that which take a mature mind to understand are my favorite. I've got plenty going on that I'm not holding my breath for it, but I'll reserve and be picking a copy up on release day. I doubt I'll go so far as to take days off from work for it :)

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Hmmm... being that I lurk the Xenogears and Xenosaga board on GameFAQS (even more so than this board), there was an article in IGN or gamespot about the game being censored...
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/380/380535p1.html
I myself have yet to see this scene, but I am dismayed to hear such news. My hope is that this will NOT majorly effect the story/plot.
Regardless, I am happy that the game will be released here with accredited voice actors/actresses, for all to enjoy.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to it, since I missed out on Xenogears, but I'm not waiting with baited breath (as someone else said).

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I'm really looking forward to it because Xenogears was my favorite console RPG, but I think Xenosaga is going to be a letdown for those looking for another Xenogears. From reviews that I've read of the import, it looks like they're putting way too much stock in the multiple chapter storyline. Supposedly there are many characters who show up, say one line, and leave, never to be heard from again. To me, it seems like a bad idea to base large parts of a game on other games that haven't been released yet(and who knows how long they'll take considering how slow the localization has been). I think the Suikoden series has the right idea for linking several stories together. I still can't wait to get Xenosaga, but I'm also bummed that I'm already waiting for Xenosaga 2 before the first one has even been released.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Ive never played this type of RPG before (Final fantasy, etc), but this one struck my interest being a Robotech fan. never could get into watching them fight instead of hitting buttons to make them. Plus I never have the time to play an RPG, I usually play for a half an hour to an hour at a time. This game looks cool enough to try the genre though.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Hmm... I would say that this game's STORY/PLOT is the most important part of it. If you want a game with a thought provoking story and good characters, this is it.

The beginning is FMV heavy but it does balance out as you go through the game.

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
Been waiting for this once for a long time now. Unfortunately I still have to Play/Finish Xenogears. I am about 10 hrs in, and I know I have about 60 to go, sigh. think I need some time off work ; )

KC

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Err... as an avid fan of Xenogears, I can safely say that the two are completely different stories and you don't need to play one first before playing Xenosaga. Just play Xenosaga first and not worry about Xenogears until you have finished Xenosaga. But we do have a three-day weekend coming up here in the US, so you may be able to finish it.
The game has references and cameos of "character names" and the Zohar artifact, but other than that is a wholly separate game (ignore the internet - rumours propagate into weird things even more so on the 'net.)
Gamespy has a review up, here is a link... Curiously enough, the author hated Xenogears, but enjoyed Xenosaga.
http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/february03/xenosagaps2/
The game is NOT easy by any means. Even with quite a bit of levelling up, the bosses are challenging. What will and has surprised all those who review the game is the seemingly very competent dub that truly enhances the gameplay.
Can't wait to see RPGFan's Review for it... their mailbag person is playing the reviewer's copy...

Damien

Supporting Actor
xenogears is not only my favorite rpg of all time, but one of my favorite console games of all time. This game will be the push that makes me get a ps2.

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
Preordered it as well. I can't wait. My goal is to finish .hack first, then move onto Xenosaga.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Just picked up my copy and can't wait to play it. To bad I hurt myself on my day off and probably won't be able to hold a controller for a day or two. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks