Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WOW! Big news regarding Sega and MS!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 05:34 AM

check this out:
http://www.teamxbox....ews.php?id=1627

Dean

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 06:02 AM

There's actually little 'news' there - just rumours. CSK announced that they'll announce more details of their plans to reorganise the company at the end of their financial year(March 2002 or thereabouts).

People are reading into that that they will sell off Sega - and thus, that article puts 2 & 2 together to say Microsoft are buying them.

Not saying it won't happen - just saying that there are precious /hard facts/ in that particular news report.

------------------
Nothing In Particular

high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Kelley_B

Kelley_B

Screenwriter

• 2,329 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 06:06 AM

I agree BrianB, and if you think about it, MS could have easily bought them when Sega was really hurting for cash. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see MS dump a lot of money into Sega in order to have Sega make more titles for the Xbox than anyother console, but buyout I don't see that happening. But then again I could be wrong and if MS did buy Sega out I would then HAVE to buy an Xbox(not that I already wasn't planning on it Posted Image )

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 06:10 AM

Boy, this would REALLY shake up the balance of power, and even out the odds for all consoles. However, I read a similar rumor that Nintendo was contemplating buying Sega a couple of months ago -- and nothing came of it.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 06:43 AM

Quote:
MS could have easily bought them when Sega was really hurting for cash

They tried to. Nintendo & Sony asked about it too, but Sega/CSK knocked them back, even when they were in a world of pain.

------------------
Nothing In Particular

high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 04:22 PM

How about I buy Sega and send you guys free games?? Posted Image