1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zune MP3 Users ?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John_Graz, Dec 26, 2006.

1. John_Graz

John_Graz Well-Known Member

Not sure where I-pod, Zune, etc. should go on the Forum. There should be a MP-3 Device Category.

Anyway, any have a ZUNE yet ? I got one for Christmas from my wife and have not yet opened it. Trying to decide between the ZUNE or maybe a I-pod. I been reading alot on other forums and was wondering what you guys thought - Pro's & Cons.
    Thanks and Happy New Year !

2. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Well-Known Member

I have friends that received Zunes for Christmas. Each was taken back and swapped for an iPod. There are a number of issues with the Zunes. For one thing, you can't just pay .99 for a single song as you can in iTunes. You must plunk down your money in $5.00 amounts. So if you want just one song, Microsoft keeps the other $4.01 until you are ready to buy more. You can only play a song Wi-Fi'd to your Zune from another 3 times in 3 days, then you have to buy it. The thing is big as a brick. I tried all manner of MP3 players on the market until I settled in with my iPod. I have a 30 gig newest generation and love it. I use it primarily in my car. I have never had issues with any iPod I have owned (1 shuffle, 1 Mini, 1 20 gig Video and now my 30 gig); iTunes has worked just as well. I have downloaded more than 500 songs to my iPod from iTunes and never had an issue. I have my entire CD collection, about 350 CDs on it. Try out the Zune, if you like it, then all is well. Personally I would trade it in on a 30 gig iPod.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

There's a thread on the Zune in "After Hours" Check it out. I wouldn't want one personally.