What's new

Zenith DV551ONC player question (1 Viewer)

noyer

Auditioning
Real Name
david
Greetings everyone! Long time user of the site, first time poster!

I have a question if anyone can help me. I have an old player, a Zenith DV551ONC. Now, my remote has gone missing, and I have an RCA universal remote that I would like to see if I can use to replace the old one. However, no matter where I go on the web, I cant find anything about this player. It is as if it didn't exist.

Any information on the player would be helpful. Thank you all in advance!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
What model RCA universal remote do you have? Can it be programmed by your PC (i.e. download remote codes directly to the remote?). If not, then I'm not sure how you can get the remote codes into the RCA without the old Zenith remote handy.

A newer universal remote like the Harmony series from Logitech may work for you, since you can download remote codes from their very extensive database of devices. There's a reasonable chance that they would have what you need.

It would be a complete stab in the dark, but you could check out the forums at remotecentral.com. It's a rather extensive online community that provides discrete remote codes as well as device information and remote control shopping advice. It's worth a shot, of nothing else.

Good luck in your search.

noyer

Auditioning
Real Name
david
Thank you very much! Will check out the site and the remote. Hopefully something will turn up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks