What's new

Zane Grey Theater (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Can't wait for this I had ordered with amazon, wondering if I should Cancel and order with Deep Discount..

Charles H

Screenwriter
Other than public domain prints, does anyone know the possibility of an official release of "Four Star Playhouse?" It's such an important part of television history. Also "The Dick Powell Show."

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I watched the first two episodes of this set last night. I'm very impressed! The VQ is very good; along with the audio. I had never seen or heard of this show before, and it was a completely blind buy. Although I have only seen two episodes, I have to say this series is completely unique from other westerns that I have seen before. Lots of outside filming, top notch acting; and an unidentifiable quality that I can't really put into words. The James Whitmore, Ida Lupino episode is top notch. I highly recommend this set to all fans of classic TV. There is a video disclaimer at the beginning of the set that dispite VCI's best efforts there are a few missing Dick Powell introductions - They were unobtainable. These shows are remastered from 35mm negatives. They look very good indeed.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I just wish VCI did more releases. What little they do put out is well done, remastered from 35mm elements. Apparently they go for quality over quantity.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I was hoping that vci would follow up the Season one set of Burke's law with a second season set.

Kronosis

Agent
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by ToddR2

Chris, the first season of Zane Grey Theater was 30 episodes
Actually, there were only 29 episodes in Season 1. Episode 21, The Hangin' Tree is the same as Episode 1, You Only Run Once.

Kronosis

Agent
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by michael_ks

Thanks for that link, Bob. I see from the product description that ZGT launched no less than 5 tv western spin-offs, including "Black Saddle" where Chris Alcaide narrowly missed getting the Peter Breck role.
And...to change the subject slightly... Aaron Spelling wrote the episode "Until The Man Dies," as well as other ones.

Edited by Kronosis - 7/3/2009 at 07:32 am GMT

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by borisfw

I was hoping that vci would follow up the Season one set of Burke's law with a second season set.
Me too. I did hear they plan to put it out eventually, but I do not know when that will be. Plus season 3, Amos Burke, Secret Agent would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks