What's new

Man of Steel (2013) (2 Viewers)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Lou Sytsma said:
That trailer kicked ass! All the components look to be there. Two excellent actors playing Kal-el's two fathers. Costner really nails the, 'Of course, you're my son,' line.

Great supporting cast. The only question mark remains - Cavill. So far, he is not projecting Superman to me.
Its missing a Superman smile, he looks so miserable.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I thought the wry smile and eye flash he gave Lois during the "S" conversation was an encouraging sign that it won't be all gloom and doom.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The parts with Crowe and Costner were the best thing in that really good trailer. I liked Amy Adams too. Looking forward to this.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I loved the music in the trailer. I'm sure that those that don't like Zimmer or can't accept anything other than Williams' theme will might have issue with the score, but just from the little bit I've heard here I suspect I'm going to love it.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
FoxyMulder said:
Its missing a Superman smile, he looks so miserable.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Wow. Im sorry, but NOTHING about that scene in the trailer gave any sort of "smarmy and potentially evil" vibe.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sean Bryan said:
Wow. Im sorry, but NOTHING about that scene in the trailer gave any sort of "smarmy and potentially evil" vibe.
The scene played live doesn't give that vibe, the scene as seen in the two stills provided above does look like he is a bit smarmy and evil, it's the eyes in the first still and the half smile, just looks a little creepy to me, plays better as a trailer than a still shot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Cavill has a douchey look to me. It's like he's always smelling something foul and nasty, and his face just make this weird "eww..." facial expression.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
From back in Feb....Take it with a grain of salt....
Early Reactions to Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel”Posted on 2.28.13 by Alex CoreyA scooper friend of Joblo has already seen an early screening of the film. Here are his initial thoughts which he provided in bullet notes:“- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.- It’s the best movie of the year.- There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.- The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.- It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place”Many have presented the upcoming superman reboot as a product of Christopher Nolan so I’m glad this scooper gave props to Zack Snyder upfront. While it’s great what Nolan did with the Batman franchise, the media hasn’t given enough acclaim to the actual director, Snyder. This is the same guy who made 300 and Watchmen. Granted, the latest trailer reminds me more of his 2004 revival of Dawn of the Dead.The cinematography is shaky and looks has a more natural look compared to 300 and Watchmen which were glossier with darker lighting. The trailer doesn’t give away a lot of the action scenes as the scooper suggested, but if is indeed a: “Nolan film with Snyder effects and action”, then it should have Snyder’s trademark speed-up, slow-down action style.The scooper says that the film isn’t “as serious as the trailer suggests”. Does this mean Christopher Meloni will provide comic relief as Colonel Hardy? Or will it be Laurence Fishbourne as The Daily Planet Editor? Perhaps the story will have situational humor involving Henry Cavill (Superman) sprinkled throughout, similar to Chris Hemsworth’s role in Thor.I still crack up when I remember Hemsworth smashing the coffee mug on the floor and yelling, “I’ll have another!”

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/28/early-reactions-zack-snyders-man-steel/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=early-reactions-zack-snyders-man-steel

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The image looks so drab and gloomy. Superman is about hope. He's not Batman.

superman16.jpg

man_of_steel_full_photo.jpg

All the stills Ive seen actually look better with the saturation upped. The middle is what they're using, yet to me the last pic looks best.

mossat.jpg

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I kind of like this...
1255-1256-EW-COVER-MANOFSTEEL_380x380.jpg

But IMHO they went overboard with the texture. Another overdesigned suit. Theres so much texture, it looks like armor, which is just wrong on Superman. I understand WHY its used by Kal-El, but wished they toned it down.

Had no idea Antje Traue was in this....

manofsteel01.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
With regards to the Kryptonians, apparently:
The Kryptonians at the time of baby Kal-El's departure had become what they were through many generations of carefully selected genetic screening in a Gattaca-esque fashion. Over time, castes developed such that they would screen sperm and eggs for the best attributes for warriors, scientists, etc. and the different paths became increasingly specialized on a genetic level. Kal-El is an anomaly, a "love child" conceived naturally with none of that specialization.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
JonZ said:
All the stills Ive seen actually look better with the saturation upped. The middle is what they're using, yet to me the last pic looks best.

mossat.jpg

I agree. They don't make movies in color anymore.

JSLasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Steven Lasher
I have watched the trailers on YouTube. Frankly, I am not at all impressed with Mr Cavell's acting. He's totally wrong in my opinion. Also, if one looks closely (some one else has already pointed this out on a YouTube blog) they will note chest hair sticking out at the top of his uniform. Why didn't someone in the production team get the actor to depilate his body hair? Superman is supposed to be the clean-cut all-American hero and would certainly be smooth all over (so to speak). Another person noted, perhaps a bit too tongue in cheek, that Cavell will be the first actor with an "intact" penis to play the American superhero. I will leave that one for others to comment on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks