What's new

Man of Steel (2013) (2 Viewers)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Superman: Humanity's Bitch
In Nolan's universe, Superman's Kryptonite is a slippery bar of soap.
If he gets to go to the jail Tango and Cash went to, we ALL win!
(Obviously, Zod is the Robert Z'Dar role.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The abs look natural instead of rubber suit. I'm cool with it.

Superman in chains? Not that odd:

If they are following the New 52 Superman, I'm all for it. The comics mostly are terrible, but the ideas behind it are good. I'm still in on this one.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I agree. My beef isn't with the suit, it's with the tone of the film that is being cultivated by this poster and the teaser. And the palette? If the above artwork is any indication of the finished color timing then Snyder is sticking with the same muted, sucked-dry-of-all-hope look he used in Watchmen and Sucker Punch. Meh. I'm almost as tired of Hollywood's need to make every effing superhero film "dark" and "gritty" as I am of the constant remake/reboot treadmill. Jesus Christ, someone do something original!
But, I'll give Snyder and company the benefit of the doubt and wait to see the movie before falling into complete despair. :D Maybe the upcoming trailer will get me excited.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell /t/297988/zack-snyders-man-of-steel/360#post_4012352
New trailer. I'm actually really looking forward to this.

Well now - that gave me goosebumps!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I gotta admit, I like the tone of this trailer. Granted - it's a trailer and it's cut/edited in a way that may be completely different from the overall feel of the finished film, but if this turns out to be any indication, I think it's looking better than I had initially thought.

I get the feeling after watching the trailer that Snyder is creating some great iconic imagery (which he has a great eye for), but not being as "gimmicky" in how he's going about it. Not sure if that makes a whole lot of sense.

Clearly it's going to be a "different" Supes than anything we've seen before, but at the same time, I'm encouraged that it appears he's being true to and respectful of the core mythology of Superman.

I might make an effort to see this in theaters.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm cautiously optimistic but still not sure I'm liking the direction that Snyder appears to have taken. Let's see what trailer #2 might have in store.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
This trailer has me very optimistic. While I was a big fan of Superman Returns, I like that this version appears to be a new take on the character. Just another six months or so and we'll find out for ourselves!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
My biggest concern remains Cavill. He was underwhelming in The Immortals. Anyone watch The Tudors? How was he in that?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Good trailer, not sure about Pa Kent saying the maybe he should have left the school bus though.
Did like the shot of Supes crashing into the safe

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
TonyD said:
Good trailer, not sure about Pa Kent saying the maybe he should have left the school bus though.
Tony, I didn't take it as a reflection on Pa's ambivalence to the lives of the other kids, more fear for his own son's well being if his secret were to get out. I am really excited for this one -- coming out my birthday weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks