What's new

Man of Steel (2013) (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea they deny deny deny and then confirm the denied rumors all the time.

A recent example is Donner denying that Xmen First Class was anything beyond throwing ideas around - only to be confirmed a couple months later with Singers involvement, a clear direction on where they were going and well into the planning phase.

So it doesnt mean its not true.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Latino review is reporting that David Goyer has been hired to write the next Superman movie, which will dump both Routh and mostly likely Singer.
Very disappointing if true. While his association with Batman has produced good things, the projects he's written solo have ranged from the mediocre to the awful.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'm no great fan of Goyer's but I guess he'd be okay. If nothing else, he'd probably let Superman finally punch something.

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
Nolan confirms he is on board for Superman reboot. See LA Times article.

"[Goyer] basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman,' " Nolan recalled. "I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, if Singer had to be replaced (and I don't think he did), Nolan is a great choice to steer the film series. Here's hoping they get a movie off the ground within a couple of years.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, wouldn't that be odd. Chuck snakes the part from Shaw. I think he's a pretty damn good choice. He can act, and he plays a somewhat dorkish guy while being a male model in real life. He also seems to be a genuinely nice guy and deserves a breakout hit. Speaking of hits, I'll put one out on someone if this does in Chuck as a series.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Um, no.

He looks like one of Lex Luthor's henchmen could beat him up.

If they've got to get someone from Chuck in the movie let it be Yvonne Strahovsky, she could play the part of, well, anything, she could just sit there and do nothing at all lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not ideal, but not Nicholas Cage bad either. It'd be hard setting aside my years with Chuck, but I think he could pull it off. Personally, I'd just bring Brandon Routh back. He did a great job of making Superman seem a bit otherworldly.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Obviously they'd have Levi beef up for the role, with that in mind I can't see anything to complain about. Still it sounds like just a rumor.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Beef up or no beef up, I just cannot fathom this man as Supes, not in any way, he reminds me of Jimmy Fallon.

I think it's a damn shame how Routh got the shaft as Supes, he was great.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Levi as Superman? That would never happen, for the religious reason. Studios would wonder if there would be a backlash against a Jewish Superman. I don't know if Brandon Routh or Christopher Reeve were Jewish, but they don't look it. To borrow a half-remembered line from Showtime's Weeds, Routh "passes for Italian".

Comic book superheros are usually rather blue-eyed, white-skinned, and have chisled jaws. It isn't exactly subtle that superheroes like Supes are a sort of archetype that Levi doesn't fit into.

If they want to break that mold, more power to them -- but I bet if you did a phone survey asking people what church Superman attends, you'd find that there are expectations about him that don't mesh with the fact that he's an alien from Krypton.

Mods: I tried to walk as lightly as possible on this sensitive subject. Hope it comes across that way.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Will - I'm blue-eyed, white skinned, with a chiseled jaw (the rest of my body is too) and... I'm jewish. Not bragging - just making a point.

Cheers,

Jason

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
They won't because of his association with Singer's movie. Such a waste of a perfectly good actor who was born to play Supes over such a stupid reason.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I liked Superman Returns plenty, when they were making it I thought the touchstones to the Donner material were just right. But funnily enough, they also managed to give closure to it. Most people seem to agree that its time to leave those styles and themes behind.

Christopher Reeve defined that era, but he doesn't define Superman. He created a particular mold, and Brandon Routh fit a modernized version of that perfectly. But now it's time to cast a new mold, and that's why Routh is out.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I love Superman Returns, it shows how difficult it is to be Superman, it also shows that in some respects he's no different than we are, he can experience loneliness and heartache just like we can.

It's like they turned that song 'Superman' by Five For Fighting into a movie lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks