What's new

Z2 Throw distance dilema (1 Viewer)

Al L

Agent
Hi,

I made some miscalculations with the throw distance of my Z2. Basically, where I had planned on mounting the PJ it's further than I thought and will result in a screen size of 120" diag, I had hoped to go to 106" at max. This is with the zoom at minimum. Unfortunetely, due to the layout of the ceiling in this room I cannot move the PJ any closer to reduce the image size.

The only way I can get the image size perfect is by switching to Full Through mode, this mode produces a smaller version of the image. This then allows me to zoom in and get the image size perfect at 100" wide. However, doing this produces a black border around the image which is quite distracting. Does anyone know how to make the black border darker or even if this is possible, maybe through a tweak or something?

The only other option I have is to go to a bigger screen such as a 120" diag screen. Since my viewing distance is only 13 foot, this might be too impractible.

Any help appreciated.

Brad E

Second Unit

Not to mention that you are losing a lot of resolution.
I think there is a lens you can get that will increase your throw distance. But a good quality lens is quite expensive. I really don't know anything about them though, you would have to check them out.

I think you would be better off just getting a longer throw projector. For example, the panasonic 700 can throw a 100" picture from 10' to 20' away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks