What's new

YouTube uploads via iMovie question (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Anyone do it? I uploaded a video yesterday (this one, if anyone cares: ) -- everything worked great, I go an alert from iMovie that the upload was successful and shortly an email from YouTube acknowledging it as well.

Today, I tried uploading another piece from the same concert -- no alert or error from iMovie, no acknowledgment from YouTube, nothing on the site. A couple of hours later, I tried again -- nothing. iMovie has a progress bar that it is being uploaded, the progress bar ends, and...

Bizarre. Should I just reupload via Safari directly to the website, or wait for YouTube because ...???

Advice appreciated!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've never had it stall like that. I don't get emails from YouTube, though, just the pop-up from iMovie that the upload has completed.

You can go to your YouTube profile and maybe see if it is uploaded there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I tend to upload from the website, since google's two-step authentication makes it confusing to get iMovie connected to YouTube. I have uploaded from iMovie, and not had it stall, though.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So it was some bizarre, presumably iMovie's fault glitch that went away after restarting iMovie -- but uploading the video via Safari worked and uploading subsequent videos via iMovie work. If anyone encounters a similar problem, just drop and restart iMovie.

Users who are viewing this thread