1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube uploads via iMovie question

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Ted Todorov, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Well-Known Member

Anyone do it? I uploaded a video yesterday (this one, if anyone cares: ) -- everything worked great, I go an alert from iMovie that the upload was successful and shortly an email from YouTube acknowledging it as well.

Today, I tried uploading another piece from the same concert -- no alert or error from iMovie, no acknowledgment from YouTube, nothing on the site. A couple of hours later, I tried again -- nothing. iMovie has a progress bar that it is being uploaded, the progress bar ends, and...

Bizarre. Should I just reupload via Safari directly to the website, or wait for YouTube because ...???

Advice appreciated!

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I've never had it stall like that. I don't get emails from YouTube, though, just the pop-up from iMovie that the upload has completed.

You can go to your YouTube profile and maybe see if it is uploaded there.

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I tend to upload from the website, since google's two-step authentication makes it confusing to get iMovie connected to YouTube. I have uploaded from iMovie, and not had it stall, though.

4. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Well-Known Member

So it was some bizarre, presumably iMovie's fault glitch that went away after restarting iMovie -- but uploading the video via Safari worked and uploading subsequent videos via iMovie work. If anyone encounters a similar problem, just drop and restart iMovie.