What's new

Your Twilight Time/MGM wishlist? (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Twilight Time said:
Unfortunately, checking things on the IMDB can more than occasionally lead you down the garden path...Fright Night 2 is not owned by Fox, but by Lionsgate, with whom we do not have a licensing deal in place. Sorry.
Surprised they haven't released it yet then, yep i know IMDB can be inaccurate especially with regards aspect ratio info.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Didier R said:
Nick can you check the OP? Are any of the titles mentioned there in your pipeline? :)
Here's a tease, Didier, definitely 2, and possibly 3 titles on your list are scheduled by TT for 2014, although I'm not going to reveal which ones...and before you ask why some and not the others, it all comes down to elements...as we have discussed many times, some masters are great and ready to go, some are not so great, some need a huge amount of work and might be ready in the future, some titles are never going to be ready. Our choices are made using a broad amount of criteria, and we can only endeavor to get as many as we can out in the available time left...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Obviously Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is coming and is one of the titles on the first page.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If A Funny Thing/Forum is mentioned, I'd certainly hope an even better film musical version would also be thought of: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, also a UA holding.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Matt Hough said:
If A Funny Thing/Forum is mentioned, I'd certainly hope an even better film musical version would also be thought of: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, also a UA holding.
The missing musical numbers need to be restored in Forum.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The missing musical numbers need to be restored in Forum.
I think you'll have a lot wait. I don't think the missing songs were filmed or even recorded!I don't mind, I've only ever seen the film, set in ancient Rome, but very "swinging sixties", & beautifully shot by Nicollas Roeg. But for Twilight Time to release any of the stuff listed here, they first need a good HD master, & this is MGM we're talking about, & they're not exactly Warner or Sony, are they.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Billy Batson said:
I think you'll have a lot wait. I don't think the missing songs were filmed or even recorded!I don't mind, I've only ever seen the film, set in ancient Rome, but very "swinging sixties", & beautifully shot by Nicollas Roeg. But for Twilight Time to release any of the stuff listed here, they first need a good HD master, & this is MGM we're talking about, & they're not exactly Warner or Sony, are they.
I didnt know that the numbers were never filmed. Thanks for info. Yes, this would be a nice looking bluray.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Twilight Time said:
That's correct, Matt--just to clarify, this is what comprises the MGM/UA catalogue -- and from these holdings selected titles are available for license:

1. The entire United Artists catalogue
2. MGM titles post-1986
3. All Orion titles
4. All Polygram titles
5. All Cannon Films titles

The first wave of titles licensed by Twilight Time are culled from the UA and Orion catalogues.

Best,

Nick.
Mmmm. The first James Bond movies were United Artists. :) I assume they won't be included! I hope that Mister Moses comes into Twilight Times' orbit. It's been missing in action for far too long.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Robin9 said:
Mmmm. The first James Bond movies were United Artists. :) I assume they won't be included! I hope that Mister Moses comes into Twilight Times' orbit. It's been missing in action for far too long.
But why would the James Bonds even be considered? Every one of them is already out on Blu-ray. I'm assuming Twilight Time wants to issue something on Blu-ray that can't be found elsewhere.

(Yes, I saw the smiley face, but the Bonds would automatically be a non-issue.)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Matt Hough said:
But why would the James Bonds even be considered? Every one of them is already out on Blu-ray.
There are some of us hoping for a re-release which fixes some of the issues on a number of the Bond titles. ( example - contrast boosting )

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
FoxyMulder said:
There are some of us hoping for a re-release which fixes some of the issues on a number of the Bond titles. ( example - contrast boosting )
And way too scrubbed of grain for my taste. Really wish they'd let Sony create new 4K scans and masters for all the titles.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Didier R said:
Are people seriously believing that TT could release Bond's films? Am I in Twilight Zone? Please, stop the madness!
No of course not, the TT business model of 3000 units wouldn't work for the Bond titles, i'm just saying i would love a re-release of them all with more modern 4K film scans, keep the original film grain in, none of this Lowry degraining then regraining nonsense and the contrast boosting is a problem, so of course not, TT and Bond would be like a Vodka Martini thrown all over the floor rather than one carefully shaken.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Hats off again to Twilight Time. MGM/UA titles are now in the hands of the experts who care.

There are so many great films owned by MGM-UA. Personally, my top title would be the roadshow version of Exodus. The film has been showing on the MGM-HD channel and looks stunning, so I can imagine what the Blu-ray would look like (and sound like because the stereo sound is definately remastered.)

The other films topping my list are the Pink Panther films. It would be nice to see the first box set from Twilight Time with all of the Pink Panther titles (perhaps Twilight Time can get the rights to The Return of the Pink Panther which I don't believe is owned by MGM). I hope the stereo sound is kept in tact for The Pink Panther Strikes Again. It's been showing in HD on cable and is mono, but the Pink Panther set released by MGM/UA on DVD is a true stereo remix.

I would also LOVE to see Meteor, in my opinion a very under-rated disaster film, though recent showings on cable, even though in beautiful high-def, are mono. I saw this film in stereo in the theaters and it was either on cable or its first video release was stereo. Hawaii would be great as well, hoping the stereo tracks are available, they must be lurking somewhere and MGM just didn't use them.

If MGM owns the rights to Electric Dreams, it would be fantastic on Blu-ray considering it was skipped on DVD. I am wondering if music rights were an issue with the film.Also The Earthling (William Holden) is such a great movie. Halleluujah Trail has been showing on the MGM HD channel with a great soundtrack and includes overture, ect. This would make a great release as well.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Would this include the Selznick/ABC titles that are still licensed to MGM? That list would include SONG OF NORWAY and KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA. Both could use a decent Blu-Ray.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm sure I read somewhere some months back that Tom Jones was getting release ....
But I can't remember when or where (that could be a song!) even though I had it written down in my 'confirmed for release' list.
Can someone refresh my erratic memory?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
AnthonyClarke said:
I'm sure I read somewhere some months back that Tom Jones was getting release ....
It's not unusual, maybe Danny boy has the answer, you can help yourself when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks