What's new

Your top 10 "Fantasy" DVDs that will never come out (bootlegs don't count) (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I taped a couple hours of a shopping network back in '87, thinking they were a passing fad that'd go away soon and I ought to have a record of them. I should transfer that to a DVD now.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Probably will never happen.

The Ultimate Academy Awards Collection

Every Academy Awards show restored and remastered in a massive multi-disc set. The set would feature the radio or television broadcasts of each show. Extras would include documentaries on each decade since the first show, newsreels, vintage footage, press interviews, interviews with historians, a complete list of winners, film trailers, trivia games, and more.

For some reason, I've grown to love the Oscar shows. Not exactly a fan of the actual outcome in most cases, but it's all about the spectacle! :)

Claude North

Second Unit
Oh, an Ultimate Academy Awards Collection would be positively dreamy! When you think about all the actors and actresses who presented awards over the years, and all the production numbers, you realize that the AA shows are an important historical document.

Hell, I'd be happy to have a DVD release of that Oscar highlights (OSCAR'S GREATEST MOMENTS?) tape that came out years ago...

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Fantasia-complete 1940 Roadshow version with all of Deems Taylor's dialogue found and restored; completely uncut and uncensored

Song of the South
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs- with original RKO logos intact and fade-outs properly restored.

Roots-original 8 parts with opening and end credits for each episode

Star Wars Trilogy - with original opening day versions and archive versions along with the SE and any other version

Gone With the Wind- with all of the framing restored from the 1939 version.

It's A Wonderful LIfe- Lowry restoration with better framing

Jesus of Nazareth- all 4 parts with opening and end credits restored

A Star is Born (1954)-all footage found and restored

The Wizard of Oz- all 20 mins. of missing footage from the rough cut found and placed in an alternate cut.

The Twilight Zone- in season sets

Wonder Woman-every episode with audio commentary from Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggoner

Dukes of Hazzard-with audio commentary from Tom Woppat, John Schneider, and Catherine Bach

Frankenstein- with the COMPLETE flowers sequence restored (the current version is missing a couple of seconds, including a shot of Maria actually sinking)

Pretty Woman- Theatrical Cut/Director's Cut with seamless branching

Ben-Hur- 2.76:1 ratio restored from a 70mm print

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks