What's new

Your top 10 "Fantasy" DVDs that will never come out (bootlegs don't count) (1 Viewer)

Sean Campbell

Second Unit

The Korean region 3 is OAR and has proper English subs ( unlike the dubtitles on the region 2 release ). Picture quality is excellent :) Good treament for one of the best movies ever made.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
How bout Aladdin with the original song lyrics "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face"?

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Actually Colin you are the only one "extreme nit-picking" Most everyone else WAS having fun with this. Im not sure why you've decided to make this a crusade. People are human beings and they make mistakes. Its Christmas try being nice or we will make you wear the Grinch costume all year. :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
In no perticular order:

Disney's Beauty and the Beast - Original Theatrical Release
The Lion King - Original Theatrical Release
Disney's Aladdin - Original Theatrical Release
Star Wars Trilogy - Original, SE, and New 3rd Cut Versions
Song of the South
Balto - Widescreen Edition
The Land Before Time - Widescreen Edition
An American Tail - Widescreen Edition
Matilda - Widescreen Edition
The Witches - Widescreen Edition

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I don't know where "mistakes" came into play. It's an issue of people totally ignoring the point of the thread. Sorry if I made the thread less fun, but I feel it wastes my time and that of others to read posts that don't fit with the purpose of a thread. To me, the posts that don't fit the thread made it "less fun".

I don't know about you, but I don't read EVERY thread on HTF - I scan the titles and choose the ones that sound interesting. If I then have to read posts that don't fit with the thread's purpose, it's a waste of time.

(And yeah, I realize THIS post doesn't fit the title of the thread, but since it's a response to another, I think it makes sense...)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
what about the people who didn't post 10 titles as the title of the thread states. i was just trying to come up with 10 and i didn't research each one of my choices before i posted. stating that any choices posted are coming out soon is great, stating anything negative about said choices is stupid. Merry Christmas to all!

eric

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I don't know about everyone else, but that's definitely on my dream list. Every so often I catch a rerun on TV, and it's just as much fun today as when I first saw the show.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Some TV series that I'd like to see (sorry if they have been announced):

Wonder Years
Knight Rider
Airwolf (Remastered)
A-Team (Remastered)
MacGuyver
Different Strokes

Some movies I'd like to see:

Mad Max Trilogy Box set with extras (Is the 4th one still a go?)

The Wizard (with fred(?) savage and christian slater)

Can't think of any more right now

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - WITH subtitles of audience responses AND extra discs showing the film with RHPS audience performances from various parts of the country/world, and a complete history of how this film has become a unique event of underground culture for 30 years.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
MAJOR DUNDEE restored to Peckinpah's original 3 hour+ cut.

BONNIE AND CLYDE with Arthur Penn commentary (sadly, I don't think this will ever happen, Warners jst doesn't seem to be interested)

Claude North

Second Unit
Also, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to see DVD releases of every 1970s musical TV special. Ann-Margret, Shirley Maclaine, Mitzi Gaynor, Lola Falana, Anne Bancroft, Joey Heatherton, Liza Minnelli, Raquel Welch, Lily Tomlin, and others were featured in TV specials throughout the 1970s, and it would be such a treat to see them again.

I'm sure that it would be an absolute nightmare to secure the music rights for a DVD release, so these will most likely never be seen again. A shame, considering that this genre is dead except for those "In Concert" shows that occasionally pop up.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Drew Carey show in season sets ....Hey if Seinfield fans get a box set ...I want my show to get a box set ...F**k ABC for not showing this show justice and giving it a true final episode ...Let alone showing the rest of the (last) season .....Sorry i loved the show ....and was really sad to see it go:frowning:

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
The Doctor Who serials 'Fury From the Deep' and 'Marco Polo' ( both missing from the BBC archives ).
A Tiny Toon Adventures boxset complete with several hours worth of extras ( TTA will probably be released at some stage, but the chances of a ton of extras are very slim indeed )
A two disc collector's edition of The Secret of Nimh, complete with commentary and anamorphic picture.

George See

Second Unit
Whose line is it anyway complete tv series from Europe...not the American/Drew Carrey version although I would buy that too.

Velvet Underground reunion concert (or any VU concert)...one of the few VHS tapes i'll prolly have to keep for ever or at least a very long time.

1994 New York Rangers Stanley Cup Video...another VHS i'm gonna have to keep for a long time.

Real Men in OAR...and while we are in fantasy land how about a Belushi commentary.

in the catagory of i'm sure it will happen eventually how about a nice Radiohead concert DVD.

A criterion release of 2001 with all the extras you could ever hope for, and a score only audio track.

Some of the Great MTV Unplugged performances full sets...REM, LIVE, Nirvana, Aerosmith, 10k Maniacs, The Cranberrys, Pearl Jam.

I think that's about it I suppose i'll throw in for the Star Wars origional non SE's.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Fast Times at Ridgemont High with all the extra TV footage edited in.

Born in East L.A. with all the extra TV footage edited back in.

Shazam/Captain Marvel live action TV show.

and probably the most inopportune time, but what the hell:

Captain E.O. from Disneyland. I can do without the 3D glasses, but the soundtrack in full 24/96 PCM or DTS would be great. And the bootlegs on ebay, quality sucks.

Zak Hepburn

Stunt Coordinator
Most of the Titles already in this thread but just a couple more
"Tom Waits:Big Time" - Concert Film
"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: Directors Cut" -Tobe Hooper belvies the footage now gone forever
"London After Midnight" - Now thats a fantasy

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

There's a soundtrack CD out now from Rhino for "2001" that features all of the score, in sequence, exactly as it appeared in the film. (The CD also includes bonus tracks with the complete versions of pieces that were edited for use in the film.) You can either buy it seperately, or in that special box set of 2001 on DVD.

Claude North

Second Unit
This will NEVER happen and, while I would not buy it, I still would get a kick out of seeing it happen:

THE COMPLETE QVC

Every on-air moment from the home shopping cable network digitally remastered and presented on DVD. Among the extras would be audio commentary by, and interviews with, the hosts, behind-the-scenes documentaries, talent bios, and montages of on-air mishaps. Additionally, QVC could offer new releases on "Auto-Delivery," meaning that each new disc would be billed and shipped automatically to their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks