What's new

Your top 10 "Fantasy" DVDs that will never come out (bootlegs don't count) (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Dance Fever: The Complete Series
The Porky's Trilogy- viewable individually or edited seamlessly together into one epic.

And I'm not kidding on ANY of these! :)

richardWI

Second Unit
The complete Beans Baxter

Touch of Evil (Second edition)

Magnificent Andersons (uncut)

"F" for Fake (region 1)

Renaldo and Clara (with director's commentary)

Eat The Document

Hard Rain (1976 Dylan concert)

London after Midnight (completely restored)

Twin Peaks Pilot and Second Season

The Conformist (mid-90's restoration)

The complete Night Stalker series

House of Dark Shadows/Night of Dark Shadows

Journey through the Past (with directors commentary)

The Complete Night Gallery series

From the life of the Marionettes (region 1)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Fantasy anime series R1 releases...
Cooking Master Boy
Mobile Suit Gundam (subbed)
My Neighbors the Yamadas (non-Miyazaki Ghibli)
Oruchuban Ebichu (and the rest of the Anime Ai no Awa Awa Hour
The Prince of Tennis (in cheap mini boxes)
Rizelmine

And...
Battle Royale: Ultimate Edition
... with both cuts of the movie in Dolby/DTS, all the extras from the UK 2-disc version, Battle Royale Gaiden, and a replica bomb-collar with LED light. :)

Alanna

Second Unit
1. The Fantastic Adventures of Unico - in widescreen with the original English dub.

2. Nausicaa: aka the Warriors of the Wind - new dub and original mid 80s English dub. Disney has been sitting on this one since about 1997.

3. Red Sonja - why oh why isn't this R1? I know its available in the UK in an Ahhnold boxset only. Wah, its one of my favs.

4. She-Ra and He-Man - the complete seasons. WOoh By the power of greyskull!

5. Yngwie Malmsteen The Collection - R1 NEEDS Yngwie videos on DVD. NEED I tell ya.

6. and like everyone else on Planet E, Star Wars trilogy... although I bet after Lucas releases his preeecious "remixed" "enhanced" etc. versions, a few years later he'll unveil the originals with "FIRST TIME ON DVD" slapped across it. Yea and I'd *so* buy it too.

and um, Captain N the Gamemaster. I don't know why and don't ask. Its just cool. In a way.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Crowded Sky (1960)
Enchanted Island (1958)
Four Rode Out (1969)
Looking For Love (1964)
Lost Horizon (1973) (uncut original theatrical version)
Perfect Friday (1970)
Something Wild (1961)
Rains Of Ranchipur (1955)
Strange Lady In Town (1955)
Walking Stick (1970)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just got the Region 2 Japanese DVD of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and it's soooo pretty. English subtitles too :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Word on the street is holiday 2004 for the R1 DVD. I am sure that it will sport a new dub, but Ghibli will NEVER... EVER... allow them to rerelease Warriors of the Wind, which was the reason that the USA went without Ghibli for so long.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Donner Cut of Superman II. While we are at it, I'd like to see DVD versions of Superman I, II and even III that has all the footage seen in the super extended television versions in some capacity.

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
I have never heard of a 4 hour version of Dazed & Confused.

I looked all over the net for information since it is one of my all time favorite movies.

Can anyone provide deatils?

Thanks

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I'd be all over a new SE of Superman II with three different versions of the film on it:

- original theatrical cut
- extended version as seen on TV in the 1980's
- a brand-new Richard Donner-approved re-edit with all of the lost scenes from the film, including all of Marlon Brando's scenes for the sequel

Another dream DVD I would love to see would be the complete 134-minute print of Superman IV, with the lost 42-45 minutes of footage restored to the film and all visual FX cleaned up by either Digital Domain or WETA Digital.

Other cool dream DVDs I'd love to see officially released:

- a Ben-Hur double feature of the original 1907 short film and the first feature-length version from 1926
- the Godfather saga as chronologically re-edited for TV
- the original 1920's version of The Ten Commandments
- complete master assemblies of Gladiator, Ghostbusters, The Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones with all outtakes restored back into the film
- a new William Shatner-approved version of Star Trek V with the original ending as he intended and all-new visual FX

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Crossroads (1986) with Ralph Macchio & Joe Seneca

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - a comedy about when the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show

Wrestling Ernest Hemingway with Robert Duvall, Richard Harris, Sandra Bullock and Shirley MacLaine

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
1. Trouble in Mind R1 SE
2. Odd Man Out: Criterion
3. Manchurian Candidate: Criterion (newsreels, documentaries etc.)
4. The Compleat Beatles
5. Bob Newhart- Original Series
6. Aphex Twin- Video Compilation
7. Bring It On! - Superbit Deluxe
8. Crossroads (1986)
9. Liquid Sky- SE
10. Blade Runner SE- (at least before I die)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It might pop up in interviews with Richard Linklater but at the premier of Dazed & Confused in Vancouver BC the director said his first cut was about 4 hours long and had no central character. It wasn't until he trimmed D&C down to it's present length that Pink and Mitch's stories became the central focus. Milla Jovovich actually had a good share of dialogue cut out and all of Rene Zellwegger's part was cut (except she is seen shotgunning a beer at the party (she's also in the D&C book that was available in bookstores).

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

And anamorphic, please. This is at the top of my list as one of the most underrated films.

And my entry into the list:

Quark: The first (and only) season. :D

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
- The Magnificent Ambersons (uncut)
- Kubrick: The Early Years (Day of the Fight, Flying Padre, The Seafarers and Fear and Desire)
- Kennedy: The Complete Assassination Files (including all films & photos, and other evidence)
- The Godfather Saga

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The thread is Fantasy releases right?
Woody Allen is fantasy?
Brady Bunch? Fantasy?

I am really happy I have a Song of the South copy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks