What's new

Your online dating experience... (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Seeing as I'm from Singapore, if you need any verification, let me know -- and before any of you lot think private-eye stuff, that's not what I had in mind, just for instance if she says she's studying at the "University of Northern Singapore" I can immediately tell you that's BS... ;)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I didn't save the IM, but I don't beleive she said what school she was attending. If she's native of Singapore, she typed English well enough, and the profile looked genuine, so I don't think it was one of those Macro generated posts.

I decided to cancel the dating service for now, and sign up with a cheaper one. They where $29.95 yearly. The new one is $11's cheaper and has profiles just as good. But, I left her my AIM address and email, plus I'm keeping my profile up, so here's hoping she writes back :).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
There are four official languages in Singapore: Mandrin (Chinese), Tamil (a language local to SE India and Sri Lanka), Bahasa (Malay) and English. Everyone studies at least two languages in school, one of which must be English. English is the language used in Government and business.

If her English was poor, it would be an indication that she was either not well-educated or not a Singaporean.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I think your approach was best but it can take longer than two months. It is absolutely the best approach to read the profile and find common areas of interest to discuss. I felt very encouraged because I got such a good response and communicated with so many women early on but I wouldn't get discouraged if something didn't click in only two months. The more possible sites you are using, the better chance of finding the right person in my opinion. About 50 percent of the responses I got from Yahoo! were junk, women way too young, obviously only interested in money. I don't care how many attractive young women indicate they like balding older men or mature men that know how to communicate with women or older men that make good lovers, I know for certain it is a bunch of bunk.

Chris

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, you learn something new every day on these boards. :). Thanks for the info :)

*Edit* I saw one of my favorites on just now. I messaged her with, 'Hey, How are you today?'

She opened the window, then closed it instantly. She must have seen the picture and said, 'no way in hell!'. So much for, up for anything ;)

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I've signed up for both yahoo and Match after seeing a friends success on match. I was chatting with one girl on yahoo for a while but she's disappeared now so there's probably no interest. But yahoo seems really poor compared to match, I dont think I'm "all that" by any means, but I've gotten almost no responses from that site, either by the winks or emails. Alot of the matches they send me in the emails are from girls who haven't been on the site in months or weeks, so that's kind of odd. So I've since cancelled my yahoo subscription, but kept my profile active so we'll see where that goes.

As for match, I've had mixed results on there. My first 2 winks got winks back so I was really encouraged by that... the first one I emailed a few times and didn't hear back, and the second girl I was supposed to meet up with at a coffeeshop to chat with, but she had to move for a job and decided it was best not to start anything. It sounded fishy at first but her profile was deleted within a week or so after the last time I talked to her on the phone so I believed it. Right now, I might meet up with a girl who has some similar interests as I do, so I hope that works out well. I finally know what it means when they say stuff about "games" on the site!

I usually wink at some to see if they'll check my profile, and then email if they do... and sometimes I'll wink and email at the same time if I find someone I think is a good match to my interests. I've noticed that alot do not even bother to check my profile, they must see the picture and delete my message. Sometimes I wish some women would wink or email, but it seems like that's the mans job! ;)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Here's another thing I've noticed (gads, I sound like I'm talking Jerry Seinfeldeese)...

Why does someone have to be religious fearing(fixed Typo, Spell Checker got it, I didn't) in order to go out with a person? I've noticed alot of profiles that have that 'condition' as well. That's all I'll say on that for fear of getting this topic locked :)..

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
It is certainly true many women will only consider dating someone of like faith or someone that is a Christian. Believe me if that is a problem, it is nice to know that before dating. I excluded smokers from consideration.

Chris

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Would you have the same question if the profile said "Hardcore Atheist" and refused to date anyone who was very religious?

BTW, what is 'feering' (seriously, I figure it's a typo, but I can't make out what word you meant).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
What Mark said in the above post :).

I didn't take it as them wanting to meet someone of the same religious background....but instead I pictured some religious nut....(Think, Wife Swap lady) :)..

I can understand it differently if it was worded like, 'will only date Christians', or 'will only date Jewish people', etc..

But when they put in, 'MUST be God Fearing'....that brings up warning lights for some reason :).

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Oh, I didn't think they actually said "God fearing" in the profile! Yup, definitely would be off my list. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, to bring this thread back to life :)

To those who are single, I just found a great read:

LOL - I LOVE that last one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks