What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

Mr. Jingles

Agent
Real Name
Alex
I haven't seen Murder By Death in years. Funny film. I think that would make for a great release. Hopefully the folks from Sony are paying attention.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Scott David said:
I'm with Reggie W. regarding "The Last Detail". Add to the wish list another Hal Ashby film: "Shampoo" (1975).
Last I heard Scott, Mill Creek has The Last Detail. But that was a year and a half ago, and since then they've only released it on DVD in a 4-pack. :(

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Ronald Epstein said:
The only thing I am looking to see released from Sony/Twilight Time
at the moment...

Murder By Death (with extra scenes)
Bob Clark's MURDER BY DECREE for me. Great cast and one of the best Sherlock Holmes flicks, IMHO. With the BBC series being so popular, it might be a good time for a BD. (Although Sony is probably not the rights-holder.)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I have another wonderful suggestion...

10446602_10152368733007779_3860529100661833038_n.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh, certainly, Snow White and the Three Stooges.
I remember the overwhelming amount of positive discussion when
it was released to DVD a few years back.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
RJ992 said:
Bob Clark's MURDER BY DECREE for me. Great cast and one of the best Sherlock Holmes flicks, IMHO. With the BBC series being so popular, it might be a good time for a BD. (Although Sony is probably not the rights-holder.)
Indeed, one of the best! James Mason as Watson was an inspired choice.

Although it has nothing to do with the plot, there's a wonderful little scene involving Holmes, Watson, a fork, and a pea ... Priceless! :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Reed Grele said:

Although it has nothing to do with the plot, there's a wonderful little scene involving Holmes, Watson, a fork, and a pea ... Priceless! :D
And now that HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959) is being released in Australia, and PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES is coming from Kino, and A STUDY IN TERROR is coming from France, this is the one Sherlock Holmes film that remains on my "Must Desperately Have" list.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
ROclockCK said:
Last I heard Scott, Mill Creek has The Last Detail. But that was a year and a half ago, and since then they've only released it on DVD in a 4-pack. :(
Odd considering that Crisp and his team did restoration work on The Last Detail and every other film they have done that on has at some point landed on blu-ray. I wonder what the Mill Creek deal entails. I believe work has already been done on Shampoo as well and that too is ready for blu-ray...I thought there was a rumor that Criterion was getting Shampoo...but I may be confusing things as I read several things on these films.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Odeon Entertainment released a really good Blu of A Study in Terror. Murder by Decree is with Lionsgate...who knows if they will release the film on blu ray - seems unlikely though

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Reggie W said:
Odd considering that Crisp and his team did restoration work on The Last Detail and every other film they have done that on has at some point landed on blu-ray. I wonder what the Mill Creek deal entails. I believe work has already been done on Shampoo as well and that too is ready for blu-ray...I thought there was a rumor that Criterion was getting Shampoo...but I may be confusing things as I read several things on these films.
Mill Creek doesn't get any of the recent 4k catalogue restorations and remasters from Sony, just their legacy HD transfers. Which isn't to say those titles have been shoddy*...just not cream of the crop, state-of-the-art, as we routinely see from Criterion, Twilight Time, and of course Sony themselves.

MC's deal with Sony kicked off back in 2012 with 250 titles, but they have since upped that by another 665 movies and TV shows. Yet that was over a year ago; I haven't heard anything from them since...

* Among the MC/Sony titles I've seen so far, Mr Sardonicus, The Anderson Tapes, and even When a Stranger Calls, were all very good...Ship of Fools merely okay...with Lilith a bit rough. The only major limitation with MC has been their penchant for deprecating the sound specs so they can fit two titles on each disc. Plus, their catalogue output on Blu-ray seems to have all but dried up...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I think I've listed these before somewhere, but here are my most wanted MGM catalog titles on Blu (aside from the confirmed to be forth-coming various Woody Allen titles), and I'll buy them from Twilight Time, Criterion or Kino.

Cops and Robbers (1973)
Henry V (1989) - COMING FROM SHOUT FACTORY
The Lion In Winter (1968) - I recall there are element issues on this one, but if TT can eventually make it happen I'm buying
The Long Goodbye (1973) - COMING FROM KINO
They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Reed Grele said:

I was wondering what movie Mason was making next door when he visited Kubrick on The Shining set!
two%20girls.png

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Who has rights to that great mystery flick 'The Last of Sheila'?
It does deserve Blu ray. The present DVD is just about unviewable .. not so much for its average picture quality, but for its dreadful audio.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I believe that still resides with Warner Bros. If we were to see a blu-ray, I'd expect it to come from the Archive. But I'm not going to hold my breath for one, much as I'd love it. (Although, if the rumors of a remake prove true, we'd probably see a tie-in release of the original.)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
AnthonyClarke said:
Who has rights to that great mystery flick 'The Last of Sheila'?It does deserve Blu ray. The present DVD is just about unviewable .. not so much for its average picture quality, but for its dreadful audio.
Warner Brothers controls it. WAC re-released a year or so ago. I love that film and can watch it over and over. Even though I know the outcome. I would certainly buy a BD if one is released.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ronald Epstein said:
Oh, certainly, Snow White and the Three Stooges.
I remember the overwhelming amount of positive discussion when
it was released to DVD a few years back.
Seconded.
And at the risk of being laughed off the forum, I'd like New blus of the nicely done colorized Three Stooges shorts ( 4 DVDs total so far I believe).

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Jack P said:
Finish the essential Harryhausen with "First Men In The Moon" and the extended European cut LD version of "One Million Years B.C.".
Have they announced Three World Of Gulliver already?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks