What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
AMOLAD from TT would be most welcome!

Yorkshire said:
Sorry, I made an error in my original post.

I listed A Matter of Life and Death as a title I didn't think you had, but of course in the US it's Sony.

Release that and I'll send TT a kidney.

Steve W

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Sorry, I forgot to mention A Matter of Life and Death, and me being prepared to give a kidney.

Steve W

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Just want to add a 2nd vote for Krull, an isolated James Horner score would be excellent.

Also a 2nd for Blame it on RIo.

And add to the list Gwendolyn (Perils of Gwendolyn in the Land of the Yik Yak)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
One film I am sort of expecting to see from Twilight Time (or Criterion but Twilight may be the more likely landing spot) is Hal Ashby's The Last Detail. It features Jack Nicholson giving what is in my opinion one of his greatest screen performances (maybe one of the best characters ever captured on film) as Bud "Badass" Buddusky a drinking, cursing, brawling, balling sailor handed a bullsh*t detail that involves delivering a young Randy Quaid (who is also outstanding in this) to the brig for getting caught stealing from the church collection plate to serve what everyone involved knows is a ridiculously harsh sentence doled out by a vindictive superior officer.

Nicholson is on fire in this film and under Ashby's wonderful touch with actors delivers a performance (as do all the actors in the film) that makes you feel as if you are watching a real person and not some raging caricature. Coming on the heels of performances in The King of Marvin Gardens and Carnal Knowledge and just before Chinatown, The Passenger, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Jack was in his early 70s prime. It really is a defining role for Nicholson and one not to be missed.

Grover Crisp and his team have already done a restoration of the film and prepared it for HD presentation and so I figure this should be landing somewhere soon. I hope they get Jack, who is not working much now, to sit for a commentary (or at least an interview) for this film as I would love to hear him talk about making this film and working with Ashby and this is a film that does not get the attention that it deserves.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My most wanted thing would be more classic 3D titles, either from the 50s/60s or the 80s.

I'd buy the Soderbergh "Solaris" remake on Blu in a heartbeat. After the DVD came out, Soderbergh had mentioned that he wanted to do an alternate cut of the film, but that was never released (I don't know if he ever actually completed an alternate version). The DVD includes the screenplay, which was very different from the finished film. If there was any of that alternate footage still in existence, I'd love to see it.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Reggie W said:
One film I am sort of expecting to see from Twilight Time (or Criterion but Twilight may be the more likely landing spot) is Hal Ashby's The Last Detail. It features Jack Nicholson giving what is in my opinion one of his greatest screen performances (maybe one of the best characters ever captured on film) as Bud "Badass" Buddusky a drinking, cursing, brawling, balling sailor handed a bullsh*t detail that involves delivering a young Randy Quaid (who is also outstanding in this) to the brig for getting caught stealing from the church collection plate to serve what everyone involved knows is a ridiculously harsh sentence doled out by a vindictive superior officer.

Nicholson is on fire in this film and under Ashby's wonderful touch with actors delivers a performance (as do all the actors in the film) that makes you feel as if you are watching a real person and not some raging caricature. Coming on the heels of performances in The King of Marvin Gardens and Carnal Knowledge and just before Chinatown, The Passenger, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Jack was in his early 70s prime. It really is a defining role for Nicholson and one not to be missed.

Grover Crisp and his team have already done a restoration of the film and prepared it for HD presentation and so I figure this should be landing somewhere soon. I hope they get Jack, who is not working much now, to sit for a commentary (or at least an interview) for this film as I would love to hear him talk about making this film and working with Ashby and this is a film that does not get the attention that it deserves.
EASILY my favorite performance from Nicholson. (Yes, even topping LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS!) I'd snap up any restored edition in a second. Might be difficult to get Jack for a commentary...usually, actors are compensated for those.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'd also love to see Soderbergh's Solaris on blu, but my most-wanted blu-ray is Portrait of Jennie. Can TT help me with that one?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ronald Epstein said:
The only thing I am looking to see released from Sony/Twilight Time
at the moment...

Murder By Death (with extra scenes)
Yes!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ronald Epstein said:
The only thing I am looking to see released from Sony/Twilight Time
at the moment...

Murder By Death (with extra scenes)
Brad here.

The only thing(s) I am looking to see released from Sony/Twilight Time
at the moment...

Skatetown USA (with extra scenes of Dorothy Stratten, Patrick Swayze, Katharine Kelly Lang and that actress in the "Victoria's Secret" skating outfit who also doubled as Scott Baio's girlfriend in the movie (Sue Weicberg)).

and

Thank God Its Friday (with extra scenes.....crap how bout a real menu and some extras as the 2006 DVD was total bare-bones. OK some extras of Donna Summer, Teri Nunn and Andrea Howard. Oh and some extras with the late Paul Jabara)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks