What's new

Your guess as to what tv show boxsets will come out in 2004... (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the clarification David... I do hope Fox decides to release the next season of Malcolm in the Middle next year as well.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TVShowsOnDVD will have something to say about Malcolm's status before the weekend is over. I'm trying to take it easy this holiday weekend, so forgive me if I'm not writing everything up at once. :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Unlike some, I'm going to skip things we already know (ie. Three's Company season 2, Friends season 6, etc.) and continuations of series that have already premiered on DVD. Without further ado, this seer's 10 NEW predictions for 2004 are...

1. Quantum Leap (season 1): Not even Universal is dumb enough to hold off another year on this

2. Square Pegs (complete series): Columbia needs to get this out before Sarah Jessica Parker finishes up with Sex and the City. I think they'll release a quick 2-disc set and be done with this short-lived cult classic.

3. Scrubs (season 1): Buena Vista will wise up while the show is still fresh and release this just in time for the 4th season premiere.

4. The Facts of Life (season 1): I don't think Columbia will stop until they've dumped their entire catalogue on us. Honestly. Seriously. It's just a matter of time. As an aside, I WILL buy this.

5. Seinfeld (seasons 1 & 2): In time for Black Friday next year. An atypical Columbia release, this will be packed with features and boast great transfers.

6. Sealab 2021 (Volume 1): If not, I'll eat my hat.

7. My Favorite Martian (season 1): Rhino eventually bleeds every property it has for all it's worth (see "The Monkees"). They've released a couple volumes of the show on DVD and all the color episodes in a VHS box set, now it's time for the season-by-season releases on DVD.

8. The Brady Bunch (season 1): Paramount is not stupid. The Brady Bunch is money in the bank and Barry Williams is on that DVD commentary like a fly on shit.

9. Carnivale (season 1): After HBO renews, it's coming. Great show, by the way.

10. Newlyweds (season 1): I know, I know. I know what you're thinking right now and you don't have to say it. I'll say it for you, "Idiots buy DVDs too".

--I can't wait to see how I did! :D

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Well, since we're finally getting season 1 & 2 in February, i'm HOPING we'll get Newsradio seasons 3-5 by the end of the year!

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming we'll get the rest of Cartoon Planet's Adult Swim (Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman, Brak Show) on DVD next year. The O.C. already looks like it's headed towards DVD, based on rumors and the fact that they have an episode commentary already available on the web site. I hope with all my heart that Scrubs gets on DVD next year, but that's a show that might have to wait until syndication (i.e. ~100 episodes). Successful WB series like Smallville and Angel are already lined up for more seasons on DVD, so we'll probably see Gilmore Girls. Ditto with HBO's Carnivale, but I'm not sure about K Street.

The Cartoon Planet, The O.C., Scrubs, and Quantum Leap are all on my "pretty please with sugar on top" release wish list.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
That was an awesome list Dane I hope it comes true.

Anoather thing I remembered was that someone told me Boy Meets World was coming out next year or something.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see Season 3 of Alias out in September, a la 24 (let fans of highly-serial shows get caught up before the new season starts).

As to bolder predictions... Well, I'm timid. Probably some Starsky & Hutch to coincide with the new movie, Jack Of All Trades from Anchor Bay (which has already got a good relationship with Universal & Renaissance and considers Bruce Campbell a license to print money).

I think Warner might do a couple interesting things - release The Flash or Birds Of Prey the same day as Smallville season 2, or quickly put together a Brisco County Junior set if Jack of All Trades comes out and sells well.

I think we'll see Universal step Law & Order releases up (well, they can't exactly slow down) - now that Uni and NBC are merging, it's just effective cross-promotion.

I think another thing we've got about a 50/50 chance of seeing is more short-run shows appearing, and quickly. Studios will start treating them like theatrical features that flop, getting them on DVD and advertising unaired episodes as soon as possible, striking while there's still some name recognition and users can still remember that preview for the next episode that didn't air. Columbia/TriStar will be the biggest ones to do this, since they have no cable channel to repurpose them on.

Depending on what ABC does, Warner may end up premiering the final season of The Drew Carey Show on DVD.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
I just want the "Wire". Preferably seasons 1 & 2 combined. If they want to charge $200.00, then so be it. I gots' to have it. :D

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Here's what I'm interested in. (Of course, I still need to buy King of the Hill: S2, Three's Company: S1, and Christmas with The Simpsons.)

All in the Family: S3
Married...with Children: S2
Sanford and Son: S4
Futurama: V3
King of the Hill: S3
The Simpsons: S4
Son of the Beach: V2
Saved by the Bell: S3
ALF: S1 (That Best-Of disc, "ALF: The ALF Files", was released in Canada last year, but no word on season sets)
Gilligan's Island: S1
Night Court: S1
Garfield and Friends
Three's Company: S2
Golden Girls: S1

Andy_MT

Second Unit
i'll add another vote to the already over whelming demand for northern exposure. recently watched the season 1 region 2 set, now i want more. much more!

Hmm.. Well going on what the trends for TV Shows on DVD for this year thus far have been. I'm guessing that we'll see at the very least:

1) 24 - Season 3 (around early September)

2) Alias - Season 3 - early September/October

3) Buffy The Vampire Slayer - S6 (already announced) but S7 - Decemberish

4) C.S.I. - Season 3 - mid Summer sometime

5) Smallville - Season 2 and possibly Season 3

6) Profiler - Season 3

7) Pretender - Season 1 (being very hopeful)

Now for some predictions:)

1) C.S.I. Miami - S1

2) The O.C. - (does Fox produce this? I'm not sure if they do or not, if they do I think they'll continue to push their mainstream stuff quickly ala 24)

3) Without A Trace - S1

I'm also hoping but not going to predict that more studios are going to shove out their one-season/one-shot shows (John Doe, Fastlane, among others)

I'm never any good at this stuff so I'm probably off base on some but...

Melanie:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Melanie, I've already posted news items at TVShowsOnDVD stating that both C.S.I. Miami and The O.C. are coming in 2004.

Melanie, I've already posted news items at TVShowsOnDVD stating that both C.S.I. Miami and The O.C. are coming in 2004.

You know, I thought 2003 was a bad year for my wallet, why do I think 2004 is going to be even worse?

And to be honest I thought I'd seen something somewhere talking about them but couldn't remember exactly where or when. It must have been your site then. :D

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I would love to get:
Space: Above and Beyond &
Crusade but Crusade will most likely be a 2005 because of the Babylon 5 releases.
Todd

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Keeping my fingers crossed for:

American Dreams
The Bernie Mac Show
Boomtown
The Brady Bunch
Everybody Loves Raymond
Facts of Life
The Odd Couple
Taxi
The Waltons

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks