What's new

Your favorite TV quotes of all time (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Lots of memorable quotes being provided. The quote I'm going to provide is from a lesser known Western, but it also fits the bill, and it's the first thing that comes to mind whenever I think of the show "Guns of Will Sonnett". Walter Brennan saying "No brag... just fact."
Exactly the one I was going to put down. Classic line.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
At the end of a "Man from U.N.C.L.E." episode with Angela Lansbury, the topic of dialogue concerns riding on a camel. Napoleon Solo asks:
"One hump or two?"

And the episode ends on a freeze frame.

My sister turned and looked at us with that "He didn't just say that, did he?" look.

Funnily enough, at the time, I had never heard the phrase it was parodying, "One lump or two?" so I didn't even get the joke. When I eventually heard "One lump or two?" in some English drawing room comedy or something, I then remembered the U.N.C.L.E. line and got the joke. And it wasn't till years after that that I understood the double entendre Solo was going for. (I think my sister understood that, but that's another story.)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Taxi"Reverend Jim" Ignatowski: Hey, Alex - You know the really great thing about television? If something important happens, anywhere in the world, night or day... you can always change the channel.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
jperez said:
"There are 8 millon stories in the Naked City. This has been one of them".
"There are 8 million stories in the Naked City....Right now, we could be two of them."
- Dave Addison to Maddie Hayes, Moonlighting

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
From Brady Bunch: "OW, my nose!" Guess who??

From Maverick: Bret Maverick: I'm workin on it.

From The Incredible Hulk: Bruce Banner: You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
From the "route 66" episode "One Tiger To a Hill"."I don't know what's buggin' him, but I know what's buggin' me, it's him!"

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Another quote from another "route 66" episode "Sheba".

"Some people have Smallpox, I have Woody."

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
"One of these days Alice......Bang.....Zoom!!!!" - Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) - "The Honeymooners"

"Hello Friends, I'm Your Vitameatavegamin Girl" - Lucy Ricardo (Lucille Ball) - "I Love Lucy"

"Eunice, I think your playing hockey with a warped puck" - Mama/Thema Harper (Vicky Lawrence) - "The Carol Burnett Show" (Family Skit)

(Doorbell rings) "Did you want me to get that?" - Benson (Robert Guillaume) - "Soap"

(on seeing his father without wearing a shirt) - It was like I was seeing my own version of "The Crying Game" - George Castanza (Jason Alexander) - "Seinfeld"

(While taking a driving test, asking for some help) - "Whaaattt Doeeesssss Aaaaaa Yelloooooowww Liggght Mean?" - Jim Ignatowski - "Taxi"

"Kiss My Grits" - Flo Castleberry (Polly Holiday) - "Alice"

"Good Lord I can’t believe I’m at a public pool. Why doesn’t someone just directly pee on me?" - Karen Walker (Megan Mullally) - "Will and Grace"

(Kids yelling and screaming) - "See, this is why some animals eat their young" - Roseanne (Roseanne Barr) - "Roseanne"

"Bite Me, Pig" - Mimi (Kathy Kinney) - "The Drew Carey Show"

"And if it ever gets too hot, Milk and Pepsi hits the spot" - Laverne DiFazio (Penny Marshall) - "Laverne and Shirley"

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
"I don't philosophize. I hunt." Lt. Girard- The Fugitive"Open Channel 'D'." The Man From U.N.C.L.E."Some day, I gotta kill that boy! I just gotta!" Herbert T Gillis- Dobie Gillis"Oh, Mrs. Hall, I didn't recognize you, I thought you were Grace Kelly.", Sgt.Bilkobuttering up the Colonel's wife."That's the second biggest manhole cover I've ever see." Maxwell Smart-Get Smart"I could just scream!" Capt. Binghamton-- McHale's Navy"I don't hire or fire, I just work here." Sgt. Saunders to an uncooperative replacement. Combat!"Once you stand you ground. Just once! You'll be surprised how easy it is the next time." Sgt. Saunders to a nervous soldier."Nobody asked you, Kirby!" Sgt. Saunders to Kirby."How do you like me, so far?" Eddie on Keen Eddie."I'll just hold on to these (guns), until you guys get a little more practice." John Reese, on Person Of Interest, after shooting a room full of punks in their kneecaps and stealing their weapons.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
From the Benson episode I mentioned earlier:Head of security: Benson, have you ever worked with green recruits?Benson: No, I've never been off this planet!

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Mine's also from I LOVE LUCY, which to paraphrase the introduction to "The Song of Bernadette": For those who know, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't know, no explanation is possible.

Anyway -- whenever someone tells me a rumor or gossip or something not too serious, I say, "Wait till Mickey Richardson hears about this!"

And you could have knocked me over with a feather once when I asked an ILL fan what his favorite line from the series was, and he said the same exact line!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
And lest we forget the quotable Sgt. Schultz: I know NOTHING, NOTHING! Please Col. Hogan, I know nothing!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Poor Ted Baxter ALWAYS flubbed his cue cards. There had been a huge earthquake somewhere killing a bunch of people. On his cue card it said "take off glasses and look concerned." Reading his lines, he tells about the earthquake and then reads right on through with "take off glasses and look concerned....."

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The Odd Couple's best line.

Felix-"Do you realize what you've done? For the first time, you've got an audience ROOTING for Howard Cosell!"

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
maybe not my 'favorite', but certainly the most memorable of them all.

M*A*S*H

Radar O'Reilly: Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the sea of Japan... It spun in. There were no survivors.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
"If you're not growin', sit down." - Sgt. Friday, Dragnet

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" - Superchicken

"Just remember, RIddler, you can't buy friends with money." - Batman

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And now a medley of great game show quotes mainstays:

Gene Rayburn-"Dumb Donald was SOOOOOO dumb......"

Johnny Olson-"COME ON DOWN!"

John Daly-"Will you enter and sign in, please?"

Bud Collyer/Garry Moore-"Will the real (so-and-so)........please stand up?"

Richard Dawson-"Survey SAID!"

Peter Marshall-"Object of the players is to get three stars in a row, either across up and down or diagonally, it is up to them to tell whether a star is correct or giving a bluff...."

Geoff Edwards-"RIGHT, you are!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks