What's new

Your favorite SEINFELD line (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
I'm boooored. So, here's an idea for a topic that's extra light and fluffy (and, hopefully, fun). I haven't found this in a search of the tv-section, so I'll presume it hasn't been done before (although I can't imagine why not).

My favorite sitcom is Seinfeld, natch. One of its comedic strengths was its use of catchwords and phrases that captured in language the everyday irony of life or, sometimes, just skillfully euphemized a forbidden topic ("yada yada", "sponge-worthy", "master of one's domain", etc.).

Here I'd like to engage all fans of the show to name their favorite Seinfeld line.

Most of these probably shouldn't need a lot of background or exposition to them, if yours needs some, please give it in brief form. If you feel you need to include surrounding dialog, please highlight the line in question. At the risk of stealing someone's thunder, I give an example.

"He took it out."
"'It'?"
"It."
"'Out'?"
"Out."
. . . . .
"How can that be?"
"Ohhhhh, it be."
("The Stand-In")

This is an example that's marginal. It could've included just the line itself, but I went ahead and included some of the subsequent dialog as well. Fans of the show won't---or shouldn't---need further explanation or details than what's here.

Please identify the episode from which your line is drawn. To help yourself do this, I suggest searching with key word relevant to the episode at either the S.O.B. (i.e., Steven O'Brien's) Seinfeld episode guide page or at the tvtome.com guide to Seinfeld.

To start this off on the right foot, my own all-time favorite Seinfeld line (delivered with the characteristic Seinfeld whine):

"Why would a person from a pony-country move to a NON-pony country?"

("The Pony Remark")

'Nuff said?

guideline: Finally, please, given the (assumed) popularity of this topic, only ONE LINE per customer. Give others a chance. If your line has been taken, you may comment on it and choose another one---ONE!---that hasn't yet been used. If, after a couple of days, the participation in the thread hasn't gone through the roof and you have a second line you'd like to throw in, THEN and ONLY THEN come back with it, in fairness to others.

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
I'll grab one of the most obvious lines, only because I used it earlier today: "No soup for you!" (from The Soup Nazi). I am sorely tempted to use a line from The Contest, but as I'm only allowed one, I'll stick with "No soup for you!"
-Steve

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"Lemme finish my breakfast before I watch them slice this fat bastard up"
- Jerry as he covers his face with a coffee cup

("The Junior Mint")

DarrenH

Agent
One quote, this is not an easy task, however...

Setting: Kramer calling Jerry from a payphone because he is lost in Downtown NYC

Jerry "What street are you on?"
Kramer "I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

The Maid

Great Poll idea :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

DarrenH

WillG

Senior HTF Member
One that gets me everytime is in, I believe it was "The Mimbo" Where George and Kramer go rock climbing with the Dan Cortese Character and he fall. Then later in Jerry's apartment. Forgive any inexactness

Kramer: Well, that all depends on what you mean by.."accident"

Elaine: Did anything happen to his face.

George: Well when he fell, his face kind of hit..aaaaa...Kramer

Kramer: (no hesitation) Rock!

George: yeah

And then earlier in that episode

Kramer: You loovvvveeee him

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
When somebody has B.O., the "O" usually stays with the "B". Once the "B" leaves, the "O" goes with it. - Jerry in The Smelly Car.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
George: You're giving me the 'it's not you it's me' routine. I invented 'it's not you it's me'. Nobody tells me it's not them it's me. If it's anybody, it's me.
Girlfriend: Alright, George, it's you.
George: You're damn right it's me.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Tim, that line is great. Man, I want to put a couple but.....

"You don't understand, there was shrinkage."- The Hamptons

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

Jerry: You feel the need to use a lot of obscenities at the dentist's office?
Kramer: Hehe, when they pull that needle out, I let the expletives fly!

- The Jimmy (probably the best episode)

The way Michael Richards said that line was comic gold, I laugh at it every time without fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks