What's new

Your All-time favorite song (1 Viewer)

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have a song that you consider your all-time favorite? Just one song. And why is it your favorite?

Mine is:

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush/Pat Benatar a song about the doomed love of Heathcliff and Cathy on the moors. Bush's version is a moody atmospheric masterpiece. Bush has a unique voice that makes the song very haunting and beautiful, especially if you listen to it through headphones. When listening to the song you feel like you are transported out on the moors. It's a timeless song that could have been written 150 years ago or 150 years from now.

Benatar's version is more pop/rock oriented, but equally as beautiful as Benatar has a tremendous voice. And Neil Giraldo plays a great solo.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Hey Dave, check out Hayley Westenra's version of this song.I wasn't aware that Pat Benetar did it also,I'll have to check it out.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I always have trouble with picking favorites, but I do have a favorite song -- Natural Science, by Rush.

Yeah, I'm a geek and proud of it! :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm a sucker for 70s soul. Wildflower by Skylark. Awesome one-hit wonder. I want to introduce the woman that song is about to my mother. ;)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Until The End Of The World - U2

The Achtung Baby album came out when I was in college and this one struck the perfect chord with me....still burns and brims with a dark edge and lamentation that gets me everytime I hear it.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
My all-time favorite song is "Part Of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid". I can relate to the lyrics. I'm not a woman, but I can understand the concept of wanting something better for yourself. As an autistic person, I often wonder what it would be like to be free of my disability and feel like part of this world. It's something that may never happen, at least in my lifetime, but I feel that the song gives me hope that I'll be able to get through my problems and become a normal member of society.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I just wish my autism could go away immediately.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
#41 by The Dave Matthews Band (off "Crash") due to it's perfect mix of beautiful lyrics and jazz-infused music.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I would make a point of having a different answer everytime I was asked this question.
Most times I would like it to be a song that makes me happy.
Few songs make me happier than Tipitina by Professor Longhair.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I can never make up my mind on things like this. I either have too many favorite songs or none at all so I'm going to take the easy way out and say "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. But it could have easily been so many others.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Well, I looked in iTunes to see what songs I've played more than any other in the past couple of years.

Drum Dreams by Electric Light Orchestra ranks #1 by a factor of 4 to 1. Curious--I must have left it in a loop with the speakers off because I don't remember listening to it 143 times.

But if I had to pick one song that I've listened to more over the past 24 years or so, it would be...

The Stalker Song by The Police. A.K.A. Every Breath You Take

- Steve

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Rupert Holmes? The Pina Colada guy?

My all time favorite would have to be Train in Vain (Stand By Me) by The Clash.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
If I go by which song appears in my mind most often, I suppose it would be David Bowie's Heroes. Not that I actually play the song a lot, but, the lyrics come to mind the most.

Egbert Souse

Agent
Real Name
Scott
My favorite song varies according to what kind of mood I`m in,but if I had to choose just one I guess it would be "The Ocean Is The Ultimate Solution" by Frank Zappa.It is an amazing instrumental That takes you on an almost endless journey,incredible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks