What's new

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Vol 1 - October 23, 2007 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A more detailed breakdown of the special features for Disc 5.

http://www.starwars.com/community/ne...s20070924.html

I know I was whining about the price of the set when it announced. However the more I read, I'm becoming more interested in the documentaries than the episodes. The docs are rapidly becoming what will make me choose to buy it (even with the price tag).

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Since I never watched the show when it aired, it's not so much of a draw for me...I plan on waiting for a price drop on these sets, tho I expect it will be some time before that happens. :frowning:

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
...prominently featuring Daniel Craig and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Go figure. :P

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The spines don't match!

Volume One is just "Volume One", and the spine just has the volume number under the show title.
Volume Two is "Volume Two: The War Years", and the spine has the volume number and title both to the right of the show title.

I can understand that over a number of years and releases, spines will change, but do they have to plan for the spines to change before the first volume is even released?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
For those that might not be aware and think the sets are overpriced. The History Channel has started showing Young Indy today. They are showing the exact cuts that will be on the DVD Sets. They are even showing the documentaries for each episode following the show that are on the set. I guess it makes sense that History Channel would air them, after all that was Lucas goal with these to educate. They will be showing one every sunday morning from what i can tell.

I wasn't going to watch, thinking i might spoil the dvdset, not having seen these in awhile, but could not resist. Now after watching The First Adventure i must say i was bored thruout. The docmentaries are your standard fair to for this. I hope things improve as i am now having second thoughts about shelling out the big bucks.

The docs for ep #1 are still on till 11am eastern this morning.

John CW

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if these are my cup of tea, but you've got to respect Lucas for trying to create something for kids and young adults which will entertain and educate them, too.

It's not REALLY Indy, is it? It's sort of Indy, but it's not really in the same universe as the movies, no matter how they might tie in. So, how do they hold up for adults?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that the first set contains one episode per disk and contains a ton of historical features. Paramount seems to be back at work at charging fans outrageous prices for their sets and this series was aimed more specifically at children and teenagers. I wouldn't mind buying these sets but you would think that Paramount would release a bare bones set for those fans who don't want to pay for such features.

I'll definiately be passing on these sets ...

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

All True, But the price would be more fair if the Docs were watchable for anyone above the 5th grade. Well i am just judging that on what i saw today. The Docs for the first movie/episode. Pretty Piss Poor if you ask me. I am not quite sure where the money was spent on these, unless they vastly improve in the next chapters.

John CW

Supporting Actor

I'm wondering if they "mature" along with Indy. It would probably make sense.

How historically accurate are these programs anyway?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Dave: nice job with that, i think i have made up my mind now though NOT to collect this. I caught the 2nd movie on history this past weekend and this is definately one of those rare cases with me, where a show is just not as good as i once thought. The price doesn't help any, but that is not the reason as i was going to get it regardless. Thankyou History Channel!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
That thing is like the Alien set, you need 10 feet of coffee table to unfold the damn thing! Lot of discs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks