What's new

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Vol 1 - October 23, 2007 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7634

At long last October 23

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great news. I wonder how many episodes will be included and how much supplemental material (there is supposed to be one historical documentary for each episode). TSoD says this is the first of three volumes. Maybe the third will be out in time for Indy IV in May.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Well, if there are three volumes for the entire run, we can expect around seven or eight of the 22 two-hour movies on each volume. That's four discs each. Depending on the length of each special feature, they could fit it on the same four discs or include a fifth disc with special features. I'd prefer the former, because it would probably mean a lower MSRP, but if they don't have the space, I'll take it either way.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, good news. My brother has been asking me about this one now and again for the last couple of years and now I can finally tell him something other than "still nothing".

I'm going to be really disappointed if these aren't new transfers from film though. What are the chances that they'll just be dumps from some old composite broadcast masters?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I hope they don't release them as the edited together movies. Release them as individual complete episodes like when they were originally aired.

pitt_norton

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom

I especially hope so too. The edited movies got rid of the old Indy segments if I recall correctly?

But this is Lucasfilm. I won't hold my breath.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Young Indy and Twin Peaks Set a week apart. Excellent!!

I agree that is exactly what will happen more than likely.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I seem to remember reading somewhere that these would be the edited movies... I for one would prefer the original episodes as presented, but I am not holding my breath!

Been waiting a while for this, so I will be adding it to my purchase list for the fall!!!

Jack

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If they went to the 'trouble' of editing them together for the VHS release a few years ago, I'd imagine that's the way that Lucas wants them presented.

*Cue posts about how George Lucas is worse than Hitler*

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I am not so sure thats the way they wanted them. When they released them as edited movies...Their was very little tv on vhs (before dvd). So they figured the only way to release this show is as 2 hr movies. I am hoping that the original version (as aired on tv) was the true way Lucas wanted them.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It is the movies that will grace the dvd's. I remember that question being asked of Rick McCallum at a convention. The movies are much better than the individual episodes making more sense and that is what Lucas wanted on these dvds. You get the movie which deals with specific historical figures and a newly produced documentary on them. The only thing you really lose in the movies is the older harrison ford footage which lucas and ford regret ever doing. Maybe that will be tossed on as a an extra.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
George Hall is the one whose scenes aren't in the "films." The Harrison Ford footage is still in Mystery of the Blues. And I don't seem to recall hearing either Ford or Lucas ever regret having done those scenes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well if they are edited. I am glad I still have my off the air vhs tapings from the original broadcast. The only ones I don't have are the 2 or 3 episodes that never aired, until they were part of some of the movies.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

Editing and effects were done in the video realm so they really couldn't remaster from film without redoing all the effects.

It's the Star Trek-TNG conumdrum all over again.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember the TV show having any two-parters - let alone the entire run being made up of 2-part episodes. So how did the movie versions work. Did they just throw together two almost-connected episodes and there's your movie, did they reedit the footage to make them work. I guess my question is, do they actually feel like one big story, or like two episodes glued together.

hispro

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Whited
Having owned the video releases since they became available since 1999, I have to say that I am very glad to finally hear that this series is coming ot on DVD. And personally I am glad that they are releasing them in movie format rather than the original episodes. Now usually I'm the first one to jump up and say that I want series to be released in their original format, however I find Young Indiana Jones to be told better in the movie format. There's a lot of unaired footage that was shot for the movie versions, including whole stories, and the movie format not only fits better with the Feature films but are just a much better experience this way! I can't wait for this to come out.

Wayne

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Matthew i remember that an episode would shoehorn nicely into the next. The older teen had quite a few episodes based in WWI France if i recall correctly, as an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks