What's new

Young Guns Special Edition - 4/22 (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hive4media reports that all six stars 'gathered' for an audio commentary. It remains to be seen if this will be an edited commentary or a live one.
Either way, I'm excited and it's a good way for Artisan to show that they're still in the game of releasing good widescreen sets. New transfer, DTS (!!!), good special features!

http://www.hive4media.com/news/html/...rticle_ID=4399

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'll double dip for this one! Not the greatest Western in my opinion, but definitely my guiltiest pleasure in that genre! :D

Clinton C

Stunt Coordinator
of course this comes out as I gave in and bought it for $5 at Target. i'll probably double dip, considering it was only $5 I spent on it

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
wow, why isn't there more excitement for this title? man, maybe it was because i first saw this movie when i was young and impressionable that its made such a mark on me but i've resisted the $5 version for years in the hopes this day would come.

does anyone think theyll release young guns II as an SE now? are they owned by the same company? if not, the $10 YG2 is looking a lot more appealing now, cant have one without the other.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A great, fun western, with a great cast. I'll be first in line for this one.

"I'll make ya famous"

Peace Out~:D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Kevin, I too saw this movie at a very young age (7) and it also had a very big impression on me.
I watched the two DVDs one or two years ago and I still consider them loads of fun.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Look'n good!

Billy the Kid makes another go round on DVD in one of our favorite 80's guilty pleasure flicks. Celebrating its 15th anniversary, Young Guns: Special Edition will street on April 22 from Artisan with a low $19.98 MSRP. It's set to include a brand new, digitally-remastered widescreen anamorphic (we're guessing 1.85:1) version of the film presented in 5.1 DTS Digital Audio and 2.0 Dolby Digital Audio, full length audio commentary from Dermot Mulroney, Casey Siemaszko and Lou Diamond Phillips, "The Real Billy the Kid Documentary " which follows the true story of Billy the Kid's humble birth, life filled with murder and crime, and violent death, and a "Gunning for the Facts" trivia track.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow I just noticed that, if the pre-release info is correct (and we know that it's got to be 100% accurate, right? ;) ) that the only way to hear this movie remastered in 5.1 is in DTS? The DD track is only in stereo? Thank goodness DTS is standard on just about all recently manufactured receivers, but what about those using legacy stuff (5+ years old) and won't be able to hear the 5.1 mix?

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Wicked! I'd love to pick this one up. Now if only they'd do the same for Young Guns II, which was just every bit as good as the first one!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Agreed Nate. I hope they give YGII the same due justice. That'd be very cool.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from today's dvdfile

updated specs for the new Young Guns Special Edition, due April 22nd. The disc features a new anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, plus audio commentary by cast members Dermot Mulroney, Casey Siemaszko and Lou Diamond Phillips, "The Real Billy the Kid" documentary, the "Gunning for the Facts" trivia track, and trailers. Retail remains $24.95.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I too just did the $5.99 at Target deal just 2 weeks ago. But the transfer was pretty good, so I may not double dip.

Howie A

Second Unit
You do not even know how many times I fought off the urge to buy this at target or best buy.

I knew this SE would hit soon.. Any news on Young Guns 2:SE?
Not anywhere near as good but not bad..

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have also been oh-so close to pulling the trigger on this one. I'm glad I waited. I'll definately be picking this one up in April.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I too will be buying this one in April. This one is such a guilty pleasure for me just like Tombstone is.
I thought Emileo's character as "the kidd" was awesome!
This is somewhat of an older film, so wondering how the DTS track will benefit this one. Looking forward to the review on this one and the newly remastered transfer.

Later!
Troy

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Ooooh, been waiting for a good Young Guns disc. Finally got one, will be happily adding it to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks