What's new

You want cheap CDs?? How about $4.99 per disc w/ no shipping.... (1 Viewer)

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
I've taken every SACD and box set out of my queue and ordered it now to get the $4.99/disc while it lasts - saving another $30 or so.

And no shipping costs. Sweet deal, at either $4.99 or $5.99/disc.

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator

Maybe that's what they're banking on; then in a few months, they'll offer up the $4.99 special again.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sound and Vision rated the Carpenters hybrid SACD very highly, so I popped it to the top of my queue. Can't wait to hear Karen Carpenter's vocals in high res and for six bucks!

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
God damn it, I just bought 4 disc from Amazon! But Im part of the CDNow club - buy 3 CDs get free shipping and its usually $7-$9 per CD. Didnt lose out on much but still wouldve been cheaper, wish I saw this thread earlier. Thanks for the link though Danny.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Guo Xiong - Oh, you will enjoy that Carpenters SACD sooooo much. I just listened to it all the way through last night....Karen's voice is just amazing.

Ben LG - No problem, glad I can save you some money on CDs.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

You get what you pay for.

Since it's free shipping, and they have the cheapest prices on the SACDs they carry by at least a factor of 3, I'll put up with relatively slow shipping.;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, shipping is slow, but it doesn't bug me either.

i figure most of the stuff in my queue is all back-catalog stuff anyway. if i haven't had it for five years, a few more days won't kill me. :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey, has anyone noticed anything weird about the music queue? according to my screen, it's going to ship what has the lowest priority...not the highest.

at least that's what it says at the top of my screen...next to the "shipping next" field. but, in the music queue, it shows the "your music date" aligned with the highest pri cd.

weird.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
The BMG/yourmusic thread at Steve Hoffman's music forum has some discussion on this.

It's obviously some kind of software bug.

Interim solution: enter the same CD you have FIRST in your queue as LAST in your queue, too - that way, you should be covered. ;)

Greg.G

Stunt Coordinator
Why is it some CDs only have a 'cart' option leaving out the
'queue' option? I guess they rather have you hurry up and buy these instead of having them on your queue for X months.

I like the idea of this club, too bad about the selection. Still, to put it into perspective, $5.99 is what I used to pay for LPs and cassettes back in the mid-80's when I was just starting H.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks