What's new

You grew up in the 80's early 90's if............ (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Three more...

68. If you've ever reached an almost orgasmic level of excitment when you just KNEW that the five lions were about to unite to form Voltron and you almost sort of climaxed when you heard Lance say "And i'll form...the head!"

69. Ditto the above reaction at the realization that they were about to fire the 'Wave Motion Gun' on StarBlazers.

70. You've ever made a Transformer out of paper (used to do that all the time and made some pretty damn fine one's, too), AND I named them as well. :)

Ah, Transformers, we used to bring those to school and trade them like crack in the schoolyard...those were the days. :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

That's what Richie Sambora is singing now that Heather Locklear is seeking a divorce from him.

No mention of Top-Sider "boat shoes"?

Diallo B

Screenwriter

this is so true. lol! i almost hyperventilated laughing.

i got in a school yard fight one day and i swear i hollered all of the volton, tranzor z, go-bot, and transformers fighting slogans while i attempted to beat up this bully that was picking on my little brother.

it is hysterical to remember......

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Docksiders Huh? guilty as charged. I went through so many pairs of those since I didnt wear any socks.

IZOD Shirt, Chino pants ( pegged at the bottom ) Doc Siders with no socks. add on top of that a baracuda Jacket. Yes I was a little preppy growing up living in Hanover ( a little suburb south of Boston ) that was the norm

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Back in 87 a freind and I got into a fight over a Transformer trade gone bad, he tagged me (another 80's term) in my eye and I popped him in the stomach over a freakin' Constructicon LOL! It's funny now, but it wasn't too funny then. ;)

We were cool again the next day.

BTW, I was mistaken, it was Kieth who formed Voltrons head, not Lance.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Hell Yes. Up here in New England we had the pleasure of Star Blazers and Force Five (two of which make up my sig) after school on TV. Best cartoons ever!

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Another one...

You think the original cast members of Saturday Night Live included Joe Piscopo and Victoria Jackson.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
When I was a kid, I made a decent income growing rat tails. You see, my grandmother hated them and would always pay me a couple of bucks to cut it off. After I collected the cash, I'd go right back to growing a new one...

BTW, I wonder: whatever happened to Trapper Keepers?

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

Maybe kids wised up to the fact that they were plastic-and-cardboard pieces of CRAP :) I must have gone through 3 or 4 of them before giving up on them completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks