What's new

Yogi Bear 3D Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
HBO has this in 3D on their demand channel.
I'm finally going to check this out so I can see if I want the Bluray.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I watched this over the weekend on the HBO HD 3D channel. The movie was so-so, but the 3D was great.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/309626/the-htf-3d-addict-yogi-bear#post_3952944
I watched this over the weekend on the HBO HD 3D channel. The movie was so-so, but the 3D was great.

Exactly my assessment.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I was surprised how much I liked this movie.
I think it's the best cartoon to movie to date.
3D effects and stuff coming at your face were fantastic.
Going to add this 3Dbluray to my collection.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JohnS said:
I was surprised how much I liked this movie.
I think it's the best cartoon to movie to date.
3D effects and stuff coming at your face were fantastic.
Going to add this 3Dbluray to my collection.
Not the BEST cartoon-to-movie to date (it's doesn't, er, quite have the sweeter natures of "Casper" and "Fat Albert"), and, being insanely jealous of the Alvin franchise, seems just as stuck in the 80's (and don't remember Ranger Smith in the cartoons having an "Al-viiin!" shout for Yogi...), but definitely one to try out your first 3DTV set with. :cool:
I don't know if the native-CGI scenes of the Doritos and the turtle were being conceived back when Warner was becoming the industry whipping-boy for Clash of the Titans's conversion, but it's certainly a great attempt for the studio to sell their new dedication to "shot in 3D" as its own new genre.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Ejanss said:
Not the BEST cartoon-to-movie to date (it's doesn't, er, quite have the sweeter natures of "Casper" and "Fat Albert"), and, being insanely jealous of the Alvin franchise, seems just as stuck in the 80's (and don't remember Ranger Smith in the cartoons having an "Al-viiin!" shout for Yogi...), but definitely one to try out your first 3DTV set with. :cool:
I don't know if the native-CGI scenes of the Doritos and the turtle were being conceived back when Warner was becoming the industry whipping-boy for Clash of the Titans's conversion, but it's certainly a great attempt for the studio to sell their new dedication to "shot in 3D" as its own new genre.
I just wish they would revisit Inspector Gadget and have it in 3D.
Have a CGI dog(Brain)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks