What's new

Directors Yet Another Screenshot Challenge (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Screenshot #10b

I have received at least one correct answer

Submit guesses by PM and include the movie title in the subject

Correct answers are now worth 1 point.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bob, apparently my adding is just fine, but my alphabetizing leaves a bit to be desired. I put you in there twice, both with 1 point. It has been corrected.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Barely worth mentioning, but since I got "The Illusionist" as well as "Sweet Hereafter" I should have 2 points. I'd hate to be associated with the riff raff at 1 point...:P

When I saw the first screenshot for Sweet Hereafter, for some reason I thought "Oh yeah, Ian Holm. Now what movies besides Sweet Hereafter has he been in...". For some reason, I just didn't think to submit SH as the guess on the first shot.

Hmmm, maybe you should leave me at just one point John...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Freaky, my response to Bob is in the thread before the post I was responding to. Either way, it has been corrected.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Screenshot #10 Answer: Romeo + Juliet

3 Point Answer
Bill McA

1 Point Answers
Ray H
Kirk Tsai
Elizabeth S
Keith I
Jeremy Stockwell
Chucky P
Adam_S

Other Answers
Eyes Wide Shut
Snakes on a Plane
The Phantom of the Opera 05
Ever After
Predator
(?)

Point Tally
Adam S - 3
Bill McA - 14
Bob Turnbull - 2
Brandon_T - 1
Brian Lawrence - 5
Brook K - 6
Chucky P - 4
DavidJ - 1
Drew_veloce - 4
Elizabeth S - 8
Jeremy Stockwell - 3
Jon_Are - 1
Keith I - 4
Kirk Tsai - 13
Martin Teller - 3
Ray H - 15
SteveGon - 6

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm going to skip a day or two on the contest.

I may actually vanish from the face of the earth and never be heard from again, in which case we have a winner. I kind of doubt that will happen, but you never know.

I'll either be back or not...

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Kudos to Bill for getting #10 from the first shot. After I saw the second shot, I realized that I should have gotten it from the first. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda....

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I guessed it from the first shot, but didn't submit my guess cause I figured 'nah' because I'd guessed Romeo + Juliet for the other shakespeare John did earlier.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Damn, I'm late...and I would have actually gotten the last two right.

:frowning:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Excuses, excuses.

Ok then. here I am. Still feeling like there may be a slight reason to go on another day or two. Now that it is over, I might as well divulge that some scumbags, during the last 15 months, were pursuing what might be referred to as a "frivolous lawsuit" in legal terms, or extortion in more hard edged criminal terms. Being the hard headed individual I am, I refused to let them extort from me, and decided to venture into the wonderous world known as the US legal system instead. Of course, it would have cost more to hire an attorney to represent me than to pay the scumbags to go away, which is the basis of their scumbag scam. I chose the third option, and represented myself in Court, and the trial was this morning. Long story sort. I won and they lost. Unfortunately, I don't get compensated for the 15 months of sleepless nights, night sweats and hundreds of antacid pills, but, it should now be over, and hopefully the scumbags now realize I will fight back.

I will resume the challenge shortly...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Screenshot #11

Submit guesses by PM and include the movie title in the subject.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Damn.

Am I the only one who would have paid big dollars to see Rice defend himself in court?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's actually pretty boring. Just a lot of documents, explaining and "That's correct, your Honor." These people know they have to behave in court. It is the pre-trial conferences and other "negotiations" which go on before that which can be downright ugly because their only purpose is to intimidate. They made a big point of not offering me a settlement because, as I discovered, I wasn't playing the game right. Then, 5 minutes before the trial, they offered me a settlement. Now, maybe I'm deluded, but after refusing to discuss that for over a year, and then offering a lame settlement 5 minutes before the trial strikes me as something you do when you are pretty sure you will lose.

So anyway Rain, if you would pay money to see me in one of the most unpleasant moments of my life, I wouldn't be opposed to taking your money. I can use it.

Even though I couldn't afford to hire an attorney, what they didn't know was that I was being advised by a life long acquaintance, who also happens to be the retired Chief Justice for our district. In the end, that probably made all the difference in boosting my confidence.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Good to hear ya won, buddy. :emoji_thumbsup:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure this latest shot isn't Singin' in the Rain... :D

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I think I may have finally gotten one right. Sad thing is, I didn't even know your "revealing" pictures with the answer. So please let me be right just this once.

P.S.

I have never been involved in a lawsuit, never known anyone involved in a lawsuit, never knew someone who knew someone involved in a lawsuit, but I did get selected for jury duty once. I ended up never having to go, but this one time I ate some weird mushrooms a friend gave me (I think they were Mexican mushrooms if that helps :D ) and I drank a some whiskey and I'm not totally sure but I think I also licked a toad and I had this crazy vision where my socks were alive and talking to me and they were afraid because they were involved in a lawsuit. I never found out whether or not if they won, but your story gives me hope that they did.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK now, I figured this one would be easy, but I didn't know it would be this easy. Let's all take a moment and appreciate this particular Cinematographer's work. Still, don't be giving it away until the next round.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Screenshot #11b

Submit your guesses by PM and include the moviie title in the subject.

Correct answers are now worth 1 point

I have received 5,964 correct answers for the current movie.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm still here and will be continuing the challenge soon. My escapades this past week just kind of took it out of me. A LOT of people got the last movie right, so if you haven't guessed, this is your chance to get some points.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks