What's new

yellowing on a200 picture (1 Viewer)

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I've started to notice a yellow coloration on the bottom of my picture on my panasonic a200u. I was watching a b&W movie and the bottom 5 inches had a yellow tint to it. You can see it relly well without color. I've never noticed it before, just recently after I remounted the projecter. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
How many hours do you have on the PJ? It sounds like it may be degradation of the blue panel polarizer plate. The Panasonic on-line parts store sells the replacement part for under $100. Search this forum as well as avsforum.com for details.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Yes, sounds like the polarizer filter degradation ... starts to become really noticeable after 1000 hours ...

I see it creeping in on my AE300 now at 700 hours ...

regards

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I have 582 hours on it. Shouldn't this be covered in the 1 year warrenty? The projector is less than a year used.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

You can try ... for warranty.

(Wonder aloud if this is akin to the brake pads wearing out on a car ... and if that is covered by car warranty.)

Regards

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I believe that this would be covered by the one-year warranty -- the bulb is specifically excluded (90 days for the bulb) but all other parts are covered. It is a shame that you are having this problem after less than 600 hrs. Do you run the bulb in economy mode? Have you cleaned or changed the air filter regularly? Do you run the fan in low or high? I ask because I am a little paranoid about having this problem occur on my PT-L200U. I always run the bulb in economy mode with the fan on high. I replace the air filter every 100 hrs (they are available direct from Panasonic for just 90 cents each). After 1375 hrs in 10.5 months in service I have seen no evidence of polarizer plate degradation on my PJ.

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I run everything on low. I havent replaced the filter and I've cleaned it a couple of tiimes. But the strange thing is I've only noticed the yellowing this week after I took the projector down and remounted it. maybe it could be dust ? I'll contact support to see what happens.

Eric Hahn

Agent
Maby try blowing it out like if you had a dustball, and see if it changes??

I would hate to think I could have a problem like that in that short of hours, but who knows,

Is that a replaceable part, without having problems lining up the panels?

I have orderd some filters , I am waiting,to get them, I am just over 200 hours on my l200u, I just got it at 150 hours.

:b

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I tried blowing it out today and it's still there, I'll have contact paasonic for service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks