1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

yamakawa 335 DiVX ?????

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Sheldon-m, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I just came across this dvd player cause i needed a all region player. Does anyone have any info on the dvd player? Is it really all regions? I spoke to the Yama rep about this dvd player and he said it was not out yet but on ecost they have it 60$. Is that weird. I have not seen any reviews here or at avs. So any info would help thanks.

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Sheldon, I have the Yamakawa 288 and the picture is excellent. The 288 is also region free, although I don't need that feature. The features and tweaking ability for the price is unbelievable. There is a long thread at Avsforum.com titled "Yamakawa DVD players".

3. ChristopherKen

ChristopherKen Auditioning

So Jim, can you describe the picture quality you get with the 288/X1 combo? Currently, I am using a Playstation 2 with svideo with my X1, and while the close up shots are excellent looking, anything far away looks grainy. Do you get this graininess with the 288 or is the picture just as good far away as it is close up?

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Christopher, I think I know what you mean about picture looking grainy with distant shots, and excellent close up. I think that is common with a 480p projector and DVD. It is not the X1 or the 288 player though. I noticed the same thing with my Philips Q50 DVD player(with Faroudja). But, HD satellite looks great.

5. ChristopherKen

ChristopherKen Auditioning

So a new DVD player will not cure this problem? Unfortunate, but I guess I will learn to live with it. Video games just look so outstanding on it that I can't complain.