1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha speakers and pioneer speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by squallypie, Feb 24, 2011.

1. squallypie

squallypie Auditioning

Hi

Im new to this forums ( and to home theater speakers ).

Until today i've been satisfied by creative computer speakers. But i wanted to upgrade. Being a computer speaker fanatic and someone who doesnt know much about receivers and speakers, i decided to search for the best computer speaker. I was led to the Logitech Z2300 ( newly branded as Logitech Z623 ). With its 100W RMS Subwoofer and 200 W total RMS, it sounded sweet for 150$.

But then i came past Yamaha 5.1 systems with receivers being sold at 300$ ( where i live ( dubai ) ). I was like WOW. I digged deeper and found Pioneer's Todoroki series too. So i have a few speakers that i want to compare and choose :-

1. Yamaha RX-V367 Receiver + NS-P285 Speakers Package ( YHT 294 HT package ) ( Price : 300$ local )

2. RX-V367 Receiver + NS-50 + NS-P60 + YST-SW216 ( Price: 600$ )

3. Pioneer RS 33 Todoroki ( 500$ Local )

4. Logitech Z623 or Z2300 ( 150$ Local )

Now my room is 17 x 12 feet. Comparing the four options above, which is the most suitable for me? I wanted surround sound so i kinda ditched the 4th option. I hope to connect my computer to the system ( S-PDIF probably ). it would be sweet if i could connect my mp3 player too.

Thanks!

Btw, when manufacturers mention the RMS of a speaker, is it nominal or the max rms of the speaker?