What's new

Yamaha RX-V765 Receiver - bluetooth (1 Viewer)

map95003

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin
Hi Everyone,
I have a Yamaha RX-V765 receiver that according to the specs supports bluetooth and multi zones. I would like to use the second zone to power 2 outdoor speakers on my deck. I would also like to play audio from my laptop through the receiver wirelessly (hopefully via bluetooth).
Questions:
1) Is this possible using bluetooth if I get one of those USB bluetooth adapters? My laptop will be ~ 20-25 ft away from the receiver. Is there a better way to connect my laptop where all my MP3's and DJ software (Virtual DJ) is stored to play through my receiver wirelessly?
2) I've never used the 2nd zone on my receiver, can I just play the 2nd zone if nothing is playing on the 1st zone?
Thanks for your help. I'm also open to other suggestions on playing MP3's from my laptop through the receiver wirelessly.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You need to read your owners manual...
You have to get the YBA-10WH*(you asked about Bluetooth...here it is)
2nd Zone in your AVR is ANALOG only, which means if all you are using is HDMI or digital connections, time to start doubling them up with RCA.
Whether or not the YBA-10 is "considered analog" is in your owners manual.
And just so you know...
The YBA-10=Miccus Bluebridge=Belkin FZ=every single other "bluetooth music receiver"
The only difference(I've not used the YBA-10) I would expect is it remote controllable in some way(which will be in your owners manual).
*The YBA-10WH is no longer available, mainly cause you can pick up the "same thing" for under $40 now. When it was new, it cost more than an Ipod dock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks