What's new

Yamaha rx-v630 for $315 (good deal)??? (1 Viewer)

DavidF

Auditioning
I can get a Yamaha rx-v630 online for $315 delivered to my door.
1. Is this something I should jump on? Seems like a great price. It is in the price range that I want to spend. I guess I need to upgrade. I currently have a Yamaha (rx-v590). *Pro logic only*.

2. Will I notice a huge difference when going to DTS. I'm a novice it you couldn't tell.

I have Cambridge Soundworks:
Center Channel Plus
Ensemble front speakers (bookshelf size)
Surround 2 5.1 rear speakers
Base Cube 12s 75 watt powered subwoffer

Thanks for any advice

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
David, I have the 620, previous model, and it is a great receiver. Going from Prologic to Dolby Digital and DTS is a HUGE step which is noticeable immediately. I bought my 620 for about $400 new from an authorized dealer and have not regretted the purchase. Yamaha makes great receivers! I think you'd be very happy!

Glen Carlson

Auditioning
David, I just registered here simply to say that I have been using an RX-V630 for close to 15 years now without any problems. It has been a great receiver and I would recommend it to anyone. Jump on it and run with it. It's a great unit to have.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
I think OP would be challenged even finding one 11 years later.

I have my old RXV663 in a box in the closet if someone wants to give me $315 for it. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks