What's new

Yamaha RX V471 (1 Viewer)

n_jaya

Auditioning
Real Name
Jayakumar Nagarajan
recently i have purchased Yamaha RX V471 and later on found that the model was dicontinued by yamaha. I am new home theatre.

Can somebody comment about yamaha RX V471?

I have not yet opened the parcel. so if it is not good for any reasons i may consider selling.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yamaha, like Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer and everyone else...Discontinues their product line every single year. Like they've done for 40+ years.So if you never want a "discontinued product", you have to buy new replacements every 6-12 months.Shoes UnderwearSocks Washer dryerCarTVlamps

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Receiver manufacturers come out with new models every year. Before the 471 was the 467. Last year the 471 was replaced by the 473. This year the 473 was replaced by the 475. Every year some new feature or connection is developed and they need to incorporate them into their new line so give it a new model designation. The 471 wasn't discontinued because it was subpar or defective. If it has the features and connections you need then it should be fine. It is a 2-3 year old model so it may not have the streaming abilities a newer receiver will have. It was a well regarded receiver when it first came out. But what speakers and other devices will you be using with it?

Here's the Yamaha home page for the 471

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v471_black__u/

Crutchfield also has a lot of go information on the receivers they sell. Here's a link to the 471 when they had it for sale.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HoAhMueEyKN/p_022RXV471/Yamaha-RX-V471.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks