What's new

Yamaha RX-V3300, RX-V3000, RX-V1? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Randy
I am looking to upgrade my current aging Yamaha RX-V1070 to a newer updated model. I have been seriously considering the Yamaha RX-V3300 as well as some of the older models, RX-3000, and RX-V1. Any comments on which one is best value. I have also looked at Rotel 1055 but concerned about only 5.1 unless add additional amp and cost... Thanks.

RobertSchaez

Stunt Coordinator
Depends on what features are important to you. The 3000 is a great receiver (I upgraded from the 2095 six months ago), but lacks DD EX and DTS 6.1 discrete, as well as DPL II/Neo. The RX-V1 also lacks these features plus the All Channel Stereo mode that the 3000 has, however the amp and pre-amp are higher quality than the 3000. It also has a few other features like a multi-band EQ and Pre-Out/Main-In loops for ALL channels. The 3300 has all the latest bells and whistles, but you won't find as good a deal on it as the others because it's a new model (I bought up my 3000 from the GoodGuys for $700, new in the box).

Another thought would be to pick up a RX-V3000 cheap and put the rest into a nice multi-channel amp. Use the 3000 as a pre for now and upgrade in a couple years to the latest-featured preamp. That's one way you ease your wallet into separates.

Ron Kaltenbach

Auditioning
I recently upgraded from a RX-V2092 to the RX-V3300 and am very happy with it. As stated before, it has all the latest bells and whistles with great sound for both HT and DVD-A. Bought mine from a dealer for about $100 off list. Best I could get. Ron

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I have the RX-V1, and am quite happy with it. It is an awesome hunk of metal. I paid $999 at 6thave.com. It is serving me well, for now. I eventually will move to seperates, but it is not rushing me! Great sound & flexibility.

Real Name
Randy
Thanks for the feedback. How about the comparison between the RX-v3300 and Rotel 1055? Has anyone compared these two and picked one over the other?

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Randy
I upgraded my Yamaha RX-V2095 with a RX-V3200. Yamaha had a big sale when they went to the RX-V3300. I believe that the only difference between the RX-V3200 and the RX-V3300 is that the RX-V3300 has the front effects speakers. Otherwise, the 3200 has six channels of amplification,DPLII, DD5.1, DD EX, DTS,Neo6 and two subwoofer outputs. I consider it to be a good value for the money and I love the quality of the sound and the build. Have not had any of the problems that the HK users have had. Additionally I have owned a RX-V2092 and a RX-V2095 and have never had a problem with either one. The RX-V2092 is still used in the bedroom home theater while the RX-V2095 was bought by a friend and is still going strong. So you might look and see if there are still some RX-V3200s still around.
Regards,
TCIII

Albert Damico

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas:

What was the impact of your upgrade from your 2095? Was it large or minimal. Can you elaborate on the benefits in HT sound you have as a result of the upgrade.

Thanks TomD

Bobby_N

Agent
I have the RX-V1, and am quite happy with it. It is an awesome hunk of metal. I paid $999 at 6thave.com. It is serving me well, for now. I eventually will move to seperates, but it is not rushing me! Great sound & flexibility.
$999? Ouchies, I paid $2900 for mine when I got it from this audio shop here in Memphis...oof. :)
Your right though, its a great hunk of metal, does everything that I want it to do...well, not at the moment though, its in the shop...:b
Bad switch...I think. Doh.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Znother V1 owner here who has just not seen any advantage to changing out this awesome piece of equipment. The only prob I ever have is one of the front main speakers will stop working but simply plugging an rca into the preout will solve that.
I upgraded from the 2095 which also a pleasing piece and actually only saw an addition of the ex/es channel capability and also I need help with moving this beast out of my rack for anything.
I have been considering moving into separates but after listening to several systems, I cannot justify it and certainly did not see any improvment in sound or controls. The V1 is one impressive piece of equipment adn I would buy it again. I paid 2400 bucks for it at a local B&M about 18 months ago......

Real Name
Randy
Thanks for all the replys. It looks as though I will purchase either the RX-V1 or RX-V3300. Now I'll just have to find the right price. I live in the Fort Worth, TX area and have read in other sources that the RX-V3300 has been purchased for $1225 at Tweeter and $1200 at Ultimate Electronics. I've also seen online for $1078 + shipping at MyDigitalUniverse.com and for $1098.99 at Etronics.com. Anyone had any experience with online vs. local. Seems may save purchase price + tax but have concern with buying this higher end receiver online...

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
If you're looking at $1200 local vs. ~$1100+shipping online, go local. Easier to exchange if nec. or get service etc. Plus you can drive there and get it same day, which certainly beats waiting for the ups guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks