What's new

Yamaha RX-V2000: Anything to write home about? (1 Viewer)

Cathy

Grip
I found an RX-V 2200 online for $700 even; it's brand new. What do you guys think? I'm sorta' new to the HT scene... just wanna make sure I'm not being duped! Any comments would be appreciated!

Cathy

Duane R

Second Unit
Great receiver--I have one myself. The only thing to watch out for is that Yamaha (Denon does this too) will NOT honor the warranty if you purchase it from an unauthorized dealer. And at that price, that is more than likely the case.

JonBouche

Agent
I bought a 2200 around 2 months ago online for $800 with shipping. The price you saw appears to be good, but as they said, it is likely not through an authorized dealer, which is not that big of a deal, but there is some risk involved.

The unit itself is pretty good for HT. Lots of slam factor for watching movies. At that price I don't think you can go wrong.

Cathy

Grip
Well, at the price he quoted me, he assured me that Mindsway (name of store) is an authorized Yamaha dealer. Which means I'm entitled to Yamaha warranty, not warranty from his own shop. I have it in writing.. would that be enough? How can I check it out?

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Well, I'd ask them what needs to be done to get any warranty work done. Chances are you might need to send it back to them to get the work done. To be absolutely safe your best bet is to simply contact Yamaha and ask them. You might want to withhold the name of the store, but whatever, it's up to you. If you buy it online it's probably safe to assume you will forfeit your warranty.

- Mike

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a good deal. Yamaha makes great sounding receivers. I personally think their DSP is the best in a mass market component.

I'm personally trying to decide if I want to wait for Outlaw to "fix" all of their "problems" with the 950 (hiss, lock on delay, input cross-talk), or try an RX-V2200 or 3200 for a little while. I had an RX-V793 before the Sony TA-E9000ES pre/pro I have now. Really liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks