What's new

Yamaha HTR-5860 (1 Viewer)

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has the Yamaha HTR-5860?

Is it any good?

Thanks!

John S

Senior HTF Member
I've installed a couple of Yamaha 5890's and I really like those a lot.....

Leroy

Second Unit
Had one for about 2 weeks, but ended up with the digital Onkyo LR552. No real complaints about the Yamaha, but the Onkyo seemed to go better with my setup.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
I know that Yamaha makes good high end boxes, but I want to know more about their lower end receivers, like HTR 5860.

Thanks!

Leroy

Second Unit
Well, I can give you my impresions from the short time I had my 5860.

Fairly easy set-up. Didn't like the remotes layout, too crowded for my taste. Listened to several movies to test out DD5.1, DTS, PLII and stereo performance.

I was trying to decide between repairing my HK AVR300, the Yamaha HTR-5860 and the Onkyo LR552.

Overall, I would say that the Yamaha is a solid verall performer. I couldn't really ever get the center channel to sound "right". Stereo performance was very good.

Since I'm more into DVD movie playback (about 80%)as opposed to listening to music, I ended up going with the Onkyo as it sounded better with movie soundtracks than the Yamamha did.

But, had I not gotten such a good deal on the Onkyo I likely woudl have stuck with the Yamaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks