1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha HTR-5860

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tim Jin, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Well-Known Member

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has the Yamaha HTR-5860?

Is it any good?

Thanks!

2. John S

John S Well-Known Member

I've installed a couple of Yamaha 5890's and I really like those a lot.....

3. Leroy

Leroy Well-Known Member

Had one for about 2 weeks, but ended up with the digital Onkyo LR552. No real complaints about the Yamaha, but the Onkyo seemed to go better with my setup.

4. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Well-Known Member

I know that Yamaha makes good high end boxes, but I want to know more about their lower end receivers, like HTR 5860.

Thanks!

5. Leroy

Leroy Well-Known Member

Well, I can give you my impresions from the short time I had my 5860.

Fairly easy set-up. Didn't like the remotes layout, too crowded for my taste. Listened to several movies to test out DD5.1, DTS, PLII and stereo performance.

I was trying to decide between repairing my HK AVR300, the Yamaha HTR-5860 and the Onkyo LR552.

Overall, I would say that the Yamaha is a solid verall performer. I couldn't really ever get the center channel to sound "right". Stereo performance was very good.

Since I'm more into DVD movie playback (about 80%)as opposed to listening to music, I ended up going with the Onkyo as it sounded better with movie soundtracks than the Yamamha did.

But, had I not gotten such a good deal on the Onkyo I likely woudl have stuck with the Yamaha.