What's new

Yamaha hookup problem. Please help. (1 Viewer)

Cramer_A

Auditioning
Overview: I have a projector (Sanyo Z1) and an Xbox that I am trying to run through my reciever (Yamaha HTR-5280) using component connections. I know that in order to run two component inputs through the reciver, I need to use the Component Out on the receiver.

Problem: When I hook up the DVD to the component inputs on reciever labled DVD, the reciever does not recognize the signal under that input. Instead, I have to switch to VCR1. It appears to me that my receiver is faulty. This would be fine with me, but the VCR1 input does not have a slot for a Dobly Digital audio connnection (optical or coaxial). Obviously, I need a this kind of connection for DVDs. I am running the Xbox components through the input labled DTV, which DOES have a corresponding Dobly Digital audio input.

The basic problem is that I have two component inputs but only one of them has a corresponding Dolby Digital Audio input. Does anyone have any ideas? Is my receiver fauly? The component input on the back labled DVD should correspond to the Dobly Digital Audio connection labled DVD, but it doesn't.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Cramer
I'm not up on your rcvr but have made the proper video and audio assignments in the setup screens of the Yamaha?

Cramer_A

Auditioning
I haven't changed the assignments from the default settings, but maybe something got out of whack. I'll check tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Cramer,

I expect that Jeff is right. On page 14 of the manual, it says “You can designate the input for the Component Video A and B jacks using “7 I/O Assignment” on the Set Menu (see pg. 41 for details).”

The basic problem is that I have two component inputs but only one of them has a corresponding Dolby Digital Audio input.
This is not correct, Cramer. There are two component video inputs, for DVD and D-TV/LD. There are also optical digital inputs for both of these (as well as for CD and CD-R).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks