What's new

yamaha dvd-c950... (1 Viewer)

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator
can anyone tell me when this player will be released? my understanding was this month, but i cant find it listed anywhere

thanks for the help!

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
When I wrote Yamaha, they said it should be in dealers hands the begining of this month.
I called the dealer in my area and they said they put it on their order sheet, but had no idea when they'd see it.
I can't find it anywhere, including their website.
I've even tried ebay.

The c-750 just got another great review in HomeTheater magazine.

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator
thank you for the response.

i really like the idea of the dvi connection, as this will probably be my last player prior to hd-dvd.

if anyone else hears anything about availability, it would be appreciated.

thanks again!

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Any update on the availabilty of this unit???

My Sony Changer crapped out last night and they want close to $300 for a factory refurb replacement... I figure for that amount or a few dollars more I can get a new one with a lot better features....

So I'm looking at the Yamaha 750 / 950 or the Onkyo 802...

Has anybody seen any reviews for the 950 and if not, how does the 750 stack up to the 802... I would think the 950 would be at least as good as the 750 and I can certainly wait a week or two since its supposed to be out last month?

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I think it is just now hitting the streets. Here is a place that is selling them and at an ok price too it seems. I know there aren't that many authorized yamaha dealers on-line so make sure you check if they are and if not, see if they will cover the warranty.

http://www.avperfection.com/scripts/...?idproduct=287

and at last Yamaha has put it on their website.
http://www.yamaha.com/YEC/products/DVD_CD/DVDC950.htm

As for the Onkyo and the 750, I think ergonomically the Onkyo, the Yamaha sounds like a pain. Sound-wise they both have gotten great marks, but the 750 sounds like it will have the better picture. So I would go the 750. Actually you could go for the 950 and get the HDMI and DCDI prog. scanning, for the same price as the Onkyo piece.
I just hope they didn't include the slow disc access, poor remote, and bass management, and menus on the 950.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
A/V Perfection has had the 950 on their website for a while, but haven't shipped any and I don't think they are even promising a delivery date yet. Has anyone actually seen or used a 950 yet? Any early reviews?

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Well, it looks like the long awaited DV-C950 may finally be available. Etronics is showing it in stock and ready to ship, for $399. Tweeter and AADeals also show it in stock, for $450-$500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks