1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

XM Online problems

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Charlie-W, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Charlie-W

Charlie-W Member

Since XM will be offering XM Online to everyone atarting Saturday, I thought I would try it out before hand. I signed up for the free 3-day trial this morning and opened up the player, but it's been 2 hours and I still can't get any streams to play.

How are they going to make this work when ALL the subscribers try and access it? For this they raised the monthly rate?

-Charlie

2. MikeHU

MikeHU Well-Known Member

Charlie, I did the 3-day trial a while back - with no problem. I have since subscribed and have not been able to get the online version to play. It launches the player, but no music. [​IMG] Have you had any success?

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Well-Known Member

I've had no problem getting on to XM Online, but it drops out often.

I think XM has a lot of work to do...

Jason

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Right now, XM is offering two completely different stream sets.. one for AOL users and one just across the internet. The one exclusive to AOL subscribers is a much higher bitrate - something they advertised when they signed the agreement. Keeping two different streams active can be a trick, I'm assuming this will be worked out, but may take a bit of "playing around with"

5. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Well-Known Member

I stumbled onto this the other day. In the lower right hand corner of the on line player, there is a settings button. If you click on it, you can select low or high bandwidth. Mine was set to low bandwidth so I changed to high. I'm only using my computer speakers here at work so I can't say if it sounds a lot better. I don't get many dropouts though.