1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

XM And Sirius to merge a possability?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Aug 16, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Well-Known Member

http://pro.imdb.com/news/hwr/2006-08-16/frontpage/1

Dunno how trustworthy their news division is compared to the rest of the site of user submissions.

Personally, when it comes in, I like XM. Great sound on all five speakers, no commercials for the most part on the ones I do listen too, Chrome and Cinemagic. I know nothing about Sirius, though, so I don't know how that would change things..

would this be a good, or bad thing? If it means no commercials on XM, and it being around longer, maybe even a reduced price, I'm for it [​IMG].

2. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Well-Known Member

all i care about is how it will affect my sirius stock price...personally, i like the live djs on sirius better than xm's offerings...i currently have both, but was going to cancel xm when my subscription ran out...now i will wait and see what happens.

i do know that the guy that bungled the echostar/directtv merger is heading this one up as well...for what thats worth

3. MatS

MatS Well-Known Member

competition is good
    mergers of this sort are bad

4. Eric_L

Eric_L Well-Known Member

competition can be good, but also annoying. I just bought a new Honda. The car comes with XM ready radio w built in antenna etc. Trouble is - I have Sirius and don't want to switch to an inferior product. So I must pay extra to have Sirius wired into my car by a 3rd party or spend a few hours doing it myself. Nice.

5. SethH

SethH Well-Known Member

generalizations and blanket statements are bad too [​IMG]

6. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Well-Known Member

Dave
    this would be as likely to happen as the dish network/direct tv merger.

7. Eric_L

Eric_L Well-Known Member