1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

XLR combined with RCA?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Michael Eriksen, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Michael Eriksen

Michael Eriksen Well-Known Member

I currently use the sunfire grand cinema as an amplifier and a denon as a pre. They are connected with rca cables.

Thinking about buying the new Marantz AV8003 as a pre and connecting the speaker channels via the balanced XLR connections.

One of my subwoofers dosens have a XLR input however. Will there be any problem connecting the sub to a rca outlet and the speakers and one other sub to the XLR connections. I understand there is a difference in strengt in XLR / RCA, will that be a problem.

The maranzt output to xlr and rca at the same time.

Thanks in advance

Michael

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Well-Known Member

John
    I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. You will have to re-calibrate everything, but you'd have to do that anyway. I'm not sure you will really gain anything tangible using XLR to a sub anyway, unless it is an extremely long run.

3. Michael Eriksen

Michael Eriksen Well-Known Member

Probably right, but the marantz have 1 xlr sw output and 1 rca sw output, so I could use both without having to use a splitter. :)