What's new

XBox360 and the "Red Circle of Death" (aka: "three red lights") (1 Viewer)

TomK

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my story: Original release 360
* 2 months ago RCoD
* called tech support, box out of warranty have to pay to have it fixed, I'll pass
* sat on the shelf for a few weeks so I figure I'll open it up and take a look, there is no warranty - nothing to lose. Take a look inside, don't do anything, close it up and put it back on the shelf.
* a few weeks later Micro$oft decides to fix these
* call tech support - they send a box
* two weeks later I get it back - NOT repaired - with a nasty gram inside about voiding the warranty because it's been opened
* call tech support back explaining that there was no warranty on it when I opened it and they should still be honoring the faulty problem repair
* nope, they say they have "No policy" for this and they won't repair it.

So I'm out the (over) price that I paid for it with no recourse. No more Micro$oft hardware ever in my household.

Thanks,
Tom

Jimi C

Screenwriter
The one I just got from them last month is now dead. I just received my new return box in the mail. Here we go again... ugh. I probably used it a total of 10 times and only for watching hd dvds.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Bought mine at the end of March '06, died on me eight months later (the dreaded Red Circles of Death). Sent it in to be repaired...and what did I get in return? A reconditioned unit that had an older manufacture date than the one I had originally bought! I sent a very angry email to Micro$oft, but never got a reply. So far, it's behaved (although I barely use it), but I'm still miffed about getting a second-hand unit to replace the one I dished out four hundred bucks for less than a year before.

Way to go, Microsoft. Morons.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
You seriously expected a brand new never before used replacement for your 8month old used xbox? If they sent everyone a new unit there would be a huge xbox landfill somewhere.

Wyz_sub10

Grip
Real Name
Duane
I have to say I'm surprised that so many units had problems.

Wow...you know, the original Xbox got absolutely hammered in the marketplace. The 360, however, looked like a stoke of genius - first to market, expanded Xbox Live, excellent pricing vis-a-vis the PS3, options vs. manadatory, lower production costs, *and* developer commitments.

And they actually looked like they'd be putting a massive hurt on Sony.

Then, in true MS fashion, they screwed up royally and decide to throw money at the problem.

Damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks