What's new

Xbox Wolfenstein Hands On (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
IGN has posted there hands on impression of wolfenstein for xbox. This sentence sums up there review of the online aspect.

"Tides of War is the first Xbox Live title to do things right in just about every aspect."

Here is some more.

Tides of War is the first Xbox Live title to do things right in just about every aspect. Up to 16 players can hop on a single game at one time and fight it out in several different modes over 13 maps. There are plans to release three more maps through downloadable content later this year.

It's the interface and functionality of the Live games that impressed me almost as much as the fun game modes themselves. There's a ton of customization options, including how voice communication works (between every player or just teammates), respawn times for Allies and Axis teams, and whether or not you want to allow unbalanced teams.

The host can select a new game mode or map during a game or at the end of a game. Everyone in a match stays in the same game, so you don't have to get dispersed into a general lobby and forced to find another game to play in. This means you could play Tides of War for hours and hours without ever having to search for another game. Is that so hard? Nope. But damn if it isn't essential.

Online operates differently than the Campaign mode and feels like it's own separate entity. The controls remain the same, but instead of controlling B.J. Blaskowics, an agent with a mission, you choose one of four character classes. Each class has specific weapons they use and each offers a different benefit to the team.

Personally, this is the best news in a long time, maybe ever, for xbox live gamers. Saying that I am friggin excited is an extreme understatement.

:D :D :D

Linkage for Wolfenstein

James D S

Screenwriter
Excellant info Brett.

*James stops posting and promptly gives the OXM disc the attention it deserves*

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I am so getting this game. I never got it for the PC since I was playing Medal of Honor, but I am desperate for a new Live game and I love that the single player has a co-op mode.

-Dean-

James St

Supporting Actor
Any word on whether or not games will be hosted on dedicated servers or will it be P2P like the launch titles?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
This is probably old news, but I just read this at Gamespot. The X-box version will have Wolfenstein 3D as well and three downloadable maps for multiplayer. :emoji_thumbsup:

-Dean-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
in addition to the standard Xbox Live features, for playing online, such as the ability to set up an Xbox as a dedicated server whose games you can customize.
Hmmm...works strangely PC like. it would be awesome if they would release a dedicated server for Xbox version that you could run on a PC.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
it would be awesome if they would release a dedicated server for Xbox version that you could run on a PC.
I doubt that will happen - Microsoft are trying to keep the XBL setup a closed network with no "direct" internet link.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I've been extremely impressed with the demo on the OXM disc. Medal of Honor just didn't go 'all the way' on the XBox, RTCW really did. What I mean is MOH was locked as 4:3 480p, which forces my TV to stretch it out. RTCW was 16:9 480p native and just beautiful.

Might be time to tax my Live! account again with a new game, see ya in the trenches ;)

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
RtCW's multiplayer on the PC was great. With voice support online, it should be incredible. Hopefully games with 16 people will be lag free.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Count me in! I loved the PC version so this is a no brainer for me with live. Can't wait to try it COOP.

Dean

Todd_B

Second Unit
Amazon has it listed to ship on May 8th.

I've already made room on my shelf for this title :)

Todd B

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thank for the heads-up. EBGames pre-orders get a free T-Shirt as well. That's a nice addistion to anyone's spring wardrobe.:)

My XBOX Live account has been used very little lately - this game should change that.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have'nt tried my Demo Disk but I've heard it was a dark game. Of course it is in a castle. But thats a problem with FPS in general. Jedi Outcast is almost unplayable because it's too dark on my Mits Widescreen. I'm really toying with buying a 24-27" Flat Screen Tube for my box. Even thou i enjoy my Big playing screen....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks