What's new

XBox typing solutions (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Basically I just want to be able to name the tracks I rip to the HD without flipping through the keyboard GUI with my controller. Does anyone know if this would work in the GUI?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20385

I also have looked at the Music Mixer package but that seems to have too many steps for what I want to do.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There's a controller for the PS2 that has a keyboard built onto the actual pad. Just out of curiousity, could you use the PS2->XBox controller adapter with this controller and work with it or does it work some other way?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The software needs to support the keyboard, and nothing but PSO does (as far as I know). Certainly, the dashboard doesn't support naming of files with it, unfortunately.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There's something nice about the idea of transferring files from your PC to the XBox, but for my usage it basically means double ripping a disc just to spare myself from putting in titles with a controller. Does XBox Live have some kind of connection to CDDB? If it doesn't it should.

If it weren't for the hassle I would probably be using my console more as a jukebox. As it is now I just have tunes that I like to drive to in PGR, which basically means my console is a jukebox for the Crystal Method.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I don't know what you mean by too many steps with the Music Mixer.

The last time I put in the music mixer disc, it automatically named the unnamed songs I had on the Xbox HD & only took seconds to do it (there were well over 100 songs too.) There are no steps...it does it automatically when you put the music mixer disc in.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't actually have the Music Mixer package so I'm not aware of all the features. Does MM connect somewhere to get its data? If not, then how does it know what to name recent releases, like the newest Crystal Method?

I didn't know about the track naming feature, so "too many steps" meant:

1) Ripping a CD to my PC and getting the track data from CDDB
2) Transferring the named files to the XBox

I saw this as essentially ripping one CD twice, once on the PC and again on the console.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Okay, I read the product FAQ. Too bad I don't have broadband. Maybe in six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks