What's new

xbox to have 480p AND 720p output!!!! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that the PS2 does 4 things out of the box (PS1, PS2, DVD, CD) and the X-Box does 1 thing out of the box. Also, you don't need to buy any add-ons for the PS2, but if you want to then you can. The X-Box forces you to pay for the HD but not the DVD ability. If they add DVD, subtract HD, it could be $250! I would rather pay $40 for a 10 MB memory card than $100 for a HD that I might not want. Also, the PS2 will do prog. scan if you buy the added drivers.
The PS2 is a better bet over an X-Box if you want games. It has the PS1 library of games, plus the PS2 games that are soon to come. So what if it doesn't do HD output, the video quality doesn't matter so much that you would pay $300 for a system that MIGHT have good games over a system that is GUARANTEED to have good games. (the MIGHT is the X-Box, the GUARANTEED is the PS2)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
That's pretty weird reasoning regarding the prices. For $299, you get a PS2 that can play games & DVDs. Realistically, you need to get a remote. Right there you are at $330, the same price as a XBOX with remote. Plus, you also get a hard drive and an ethernet port. Sure, they are optional for the PS2, but there's no way I'm going to give up online play, and it's gonna cost a pretty penny. Judging by Japanese prices (which will hopefully be reduced), the modem & hard drive will set us back a cool $200.

Even the price of Gamecube hits $250 when you add in the broadband adapter. Not as much of a bargain at that price.

I have a PS2, but dollar for dollar, the XBOX is the best bargain, and it will have great games. I'll wager that the first few months of XBOX will have better games than the first few months of PS2. But I'll make another wager that no console in it's first year will have better titles that the DC had in its first year.

------------------
- Dave

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=bickle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks