What's new

Xbox Sound hook up (1 Viewer)

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
All right, I read through the thread, but I didn't see the question come up that I've got. My receiver, though not old, only has a single optical input (do newer ones have more these days?). I already despise rewiring from the DVD player to the PS2 when I want to try out the audio on that through the receiver for the 5.1 (did that for a DVD test, not for a game), but I don't want to have to do that for xbox constantly.
Are there options for that? I glanced through the copperbox link above but didn't see anything really (and their lack of pictures doesn't help).
------------------
Chris Beveridge
Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Well you could use one of those optical Ys so that your optical input gets split in to two. You just have to make sure both aren't on at the same time.
Dean

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I saw a switchbox for optical connections at Best Buy yesterday. It was by Recotron and sold for ~ $20. I believe it allowed 3 devices to share a single optical in.

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, the Audio Authority 1155 will do what you want. It's on copperbox as the AA1155. You could also go with the 1177, which just switches optical and coaxial digital audio signals, if you don't need the video switching. You can find pictures and details on both at www.audioauthority.com. I've been looking around their site and they list an online retailer with better pricing than copperbox (with better pictures too). www.yourdigitalhome.com has the 1177 for $99 and the 1155 for $125. Both of these devices will also do conversion to the other type of format (optical to coax and back). The only other device I have seen that does digital switching was a Sony that only had optial inputs. I have not seen the switch that Camp refers to, but I doubt that it will do autoswitching for $20, and almost certainly will not convert from optical to coax, though I would like to be pleasantly surprised. I hope this helps.
------------------
"Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing." - Oscar Wilde
[Edited last by Sean M on November 12, 2001 at 07:06 PM]

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Nope. No autoswitching and no digital coax conversion. Both very cool features but $80 more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks